Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's THE match to shoot?

I want to shoot at least one more major 3 gun match this year. Right now I'm considering the RM3G, but it's 19 hours from Kentucky and I want to make sure it'd be worth the drive (and cost). Being on this side of the mighty Mississippi, is Benning a better choice? Can a newcomer even get a spot at Benning?

Unfortunately, I can't make it to the FN match in Missouri, which is probably the closest one....

Thanks for any suggestions.

If you send your money now I think you can get into the RM3G.

Getting in to the Benning match,,, is tough,, you’ll be taking your chances and not get to go to either one.

You know what they say about a bird in the hand.

Jim M ammo

Bryan, RM3G is a very FUN match, and definitely one to try and make, it is also one of the easiest ones to get into, If you think you can make it ask to squad with me and we'll shoot together, I'll be shooting HM there, and trying out my new M1A!!!

DPMS and FB3G are both also premier matches but harder to get into, R&R racing's match in the northwest is supposed to be a really good match as well, but I have not been able to get to it, yet!!!!!

Trapr

If I had to choose I would vote for RM3G....the environment alone is worth it. There is also no other match in the country where every stage is in natural terrain....not a single square range period..

If I had to choose I would vote for RM3G....the environment alone is worth it. There is also no other match in the country where every stage is in natural terrain....not a single square range period..

BRM3G is natural terrain.

+1 RM3gun We drive from Louisiana every year.

G.

RM3G. Think BRM3G at 7000 ft. elevation. My wife and I go to this match as our yearly vacation. We take a motorhome from Minnesota (22 hrs.) and stay at the campground right in the Whittington Center. They also have competitor housing on site as well.

Bryan,

If you want to stay in the South, you could do the Mississippi 3-gun Challenge the last weekend of September.

it is 3 hrs from Nashville TN,

We're going to do 7 stages Min and looking to add a couple of "equipment tests" (that includes mental equipment) :wacko: to do some fill in of time.

Info here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83245

Come shoot with us, drag some others with you.

Foemiester, and Airedale are coming. :cheers:

Hop

Guys, I appreciate all the insight.

I'd love to get out west, but like Religous Shooter said, there's a 99% chance RM3G will be around next year. I'd love to shoot it, and let Trapr show me how it's done, but that 1100 miles is kind of a downer. :)

I think I may just get my name on the waiting list for Benning, and look into the MS match. Thanks for the heads-up Hop, that's only 321 miles for me.

Brian, you don't by chance drive through KY on the way, do you? ;)

Edited by Bryan 45

awww common Bryan, 1100 miles isn't THAT far! (nearly the same distance as from Detroit to Miami...) My wife and I drove from Denver to BRM3G, and had a great time! (and FB3G, and R&R3G, and 3G Nats 08....)

(I'm not sure what it is that makes folks that live east of the Great Mississippi say "out west" is so far!!! I used to live is Michigan, and remember having that exact mindset... :wacko: )

You will not be sorry if you attend RM3G, natural terrain stages are the shizz! bring your camper (or borrow one, there is a full service campground on the range) and make a vacation of it! :cheers:

jj