Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger LCP

Calmwater

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a Ruger LCP for over a year now. It has over 100 rounds through it. I carry it daily in a US Galco MX5 paddle holster with an untucked shirt or jacket. Its loaded with Hornady Critical Defense. I have no complaints and it has always functioned when I take it out to shoot a few rounds through it.

• 3 months later...

I got an LCP in December, and I've taken it to the range a total of four times. I purchased a case of 380 after I bought it and have put a total of 375 rounds through it without so much as a cleaning. I have been waiting on my ccw license, which in my county takes about 6-8 weeks, and I thought I would see what it could do before I had to rely on it. The trigger may pinch some fatter fingers, but if staged properly there is no reason the gun can't be a pleasure to shoot. After shooting my friends Kel Tec 3AT, I'm shocked that any grown males (males over the weight of 200lbs.) would consider this little gun a displeasure to shoot.

• 1 year later...

Picked one up last week and I am very happy with it. Very nice quality, not cheesy looking at all. Put 20-30 rounds through it and I thought it was very pleasant to shoot. Sight nubs are fine (like you are really going to use them in real world) and I was getting 1" groups at 10'.

While I would rather be in a gunfight with my M&P 9C, there is a better chance I will be carrying the LCP. The fact that it is invisible as a pocket gun means I might actually be carrying it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked one up for summer carry in Florida. 150 trouble free rounds so far. After another 150 rounds it will be my daily carry. Small and ultra light weight, fits perfect in my Desantis holster.

• 10 months later...

I have 200 rounds throught the one I bought post recall. If I have any complaint it's the lack of grip area. My older hands like a little more grip. That said I went into my shop and added about 1" of length (external) to the mag. Feels much better but i have yet to do a test run on it. I'll come back with an update.