Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon Powder measure finally croaks!

sargenv

Well, I've been nursing this one along for a few months. Parts started to head south on it and the tape helped for a bit, but the Powder measure I got with my 650 back in 1998 has finally given up. I really have no idea how many tens or even hundreds of thousands of rounds this one helped out on, but it finally just "broke". I'm going to give a call to Dillon in the morning and I'm happy that I have a few K to get me through a practice, a match, and the IRC next week, but dang it, I was loading a few rounds for a range session for a friend that's now going to have to be completed on my RCBS single stage.. lol.. Here is a pic of why this one is likely unfixable..

post-1780-1243394064_thumb.jpg

It's been great.. loading 30-30, 223 rem, 9mm, 40 S&W, 10 mm, 45 acp, 38 spl, and 38 super. The allen bolt is backed out because the symptoms initially is that it was not flaring the cases. I thought that it came out of adjustment, was adjusting it down and that's when it broke.

Edited by sargenv

Breaking the powder measure was the first warranty experience I had with Dillon. Had it all packed and ready to ship back to them when I called. Before I was 15 seconds into the conversation he said one was on the way, just throw the old one away.

Interesting, been loading on Dillons for 19+ years and never had this happen? I am guessing it is because I have a few extra measures and so I haven't used on enough to make it break.

Good to know about, I will have to check my older measures and see if any are showing signs of breaking.

Neal in AZ

Interesting, been loading on Dillons for 19+ years and never had this happen? I am guessing it is because I have a few extra measures and so I haven't used on enough to make it break.

Good to know about, I will have to check my older measures and see if any are showing signs of breaking.

Neal in AZ

The one that broke on me probably had 20,000 rounds loaded with it. I suspect it has to do more with the quality of the individual castings.

Well, I came home today to see that I had a small package from Dillon. New parts took about 5 mins to install and now the press is back up and running again. Gotta love that warranty service. :)