Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is a 2011 STI in 40 legal for IDPA?

cold

Not sure but thought I would get a fast reply here.

Is a 2011 STI in 40 legal for IDPA. I know it wont be ok for SSP or ESP but would it fall within CDP regs?

Legal in ESP with short dust cover and smaller mag well. It cannot have a recoilmaster. It must have a giude rod, bushing and make weight.

Not sure but thought I would get a fast reply here.

Is a 2011 STI in 40 legal for IDPA. I know it wont be ok for SSP or ESP but would it fall within CDP regs?

Legal in ESP with short dust cover and smaller mag well. It cannot have a recoilmaster. It must have a giude rod, bushing and make weight.

Why can't it have a recoil master?

Good point Joe. As you told me the .45 downloaded can be super soft in ESP. I believe you told me a 200gr bullet over 3.0 of clays. That is one of the main reasons I went with the STI Eagle in .45. CDP, ESP, L10, and Limited if I so desire.

AL

In addition to NOT having a bull barrel and NOT having a FLDC, the gun in question has to weigh less than 43 ounces for ESP and 41 ounces in CDP (if it is chambered in .45 ACP). Also, the grip safety can't be pinned either, which is a fairly common occurance among USPSA 2011 type guns.

Just curious, for a .45 ACP 2011, how many rounds can you stuff into the gun for Limited?

In a way it would kind of interesting if say the .40 or the 10mm at major PF would be allowed back into CDP.