Sponsors so far:

SHOOTERS CONNECTION !!!!!

Carmonize

Speedy Rack

North Mountain Moonclip holders

Mississippi Classic

Southern Regional ICORE championship

others working on details

Send in your entries, IF I don't get 30 by August 15 we'll be going to one day with Pange officers shooting with the squads (to save $$$ and donate more to the St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital)

Hopalong

Important announcement !!!!!!!

SHOOTING USA will be on hand Saturday to take footage of the Memphis Charity Challenge !!!!!!!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

So remember your makeup and wash your clothes !!! :lol:

Thanks go out to Shooting USA, and John Scouten especially for making this happen.

Hopalong

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone - if you have sent in your application for this match and haven't received any confirmation of its receipt - don't fret at this time as Sam has been traveling quite a bit lately and hasn't been able to forward me anything.

If you need confirmation, email me and I will follow up with Sam as soon as he gets back home.

Thanks......bg

brad.griffin@gmail.com

615-415-0099

Turnout will NOT be an issue for the match. We will be shooting no matter what.........2 or 200 it doesn't matter.

I've been away working and playing just a little. have actually slept in my own bed once in the last 19 days. I had more entries when I got home yesterday. I've forwarded them to the Stats dude Brad (Mover5) and he'll send confirmation and self squadding info to those folk shortly.

Off the top of my head, I think we have close to 20 give or take a few. (i was hoping for 30+ by now) I don't really expect most entries until mid September.

Hop

I'll be looking for a squad to join, as I am not picky about the shooters that I squad with (As seen by my being the only revolver shooter in the squad at most matches). :lol: I seem to remember that a squad from NC will be going, but I might just pick a squad that catches my eye. I figure that I can squad with the NC shooters another time, but I won't get the chance to meet many of the shooters from other states often. :D

Memphis here I come!

• 2 weeks later...
Did this match get USPSA sanctioned? I see no reference to it in Front Sight or website. Just curious. I still plan on coming along with a few other Georgia Boys.

oops!! I cut and pasted the wrong name the first time.....

It is on the USPSA website under "match schedule & results" listed as "2009 Memphis Charity Challenge"

approval status is listed as pending.

Edited by staudacher

Stages are getting reviewed by NROI right now, that is all we're waiting on.

Looking good, just would like to see more entries. Don't blame folks for waiting, but sure is hard to plan on anything....................Kind of hard to go to sponsors and say "Well, I don't know what to expect. I had many people tell me they'd be there, but sure don't have that many entries yet."

Stages are Area match quality, as far as the shooting goes it might surpass the USPSA nationals (and if you guys would get me your entries in I KNOW the prize table will) :cheers::cheers::cheers:

GET the HINT ?????

HOP

Stages APROVED match is Level I (to make things easy administratively) for the first year.

THIS will be a YEARLY match. We're already trying to hash out a date for next year.

HOP

Yearly match you say......Hmmmm........I think that I have a good shot at talking my wife into going next year also. :D

Now I have to do well enough this year to be able to show my face next year. :lol:

I have made an EXECUTIVE descision about the match, since so many of you "regular" revolver shooters are waiting until the last minute to send in your entries, We will be shooting 1 day, Saturday October 31. First shot 8:00 AM shoot until done or we drop. :wacko:

Some range officers will shoot Friday, MOST will shoot with the squads on Saturday.

Please plan accordingly.

Springfield Armory is now on board as a sponsor. Thanks to them.(Gonna try to get them to send Rob Leatham to shoot too)

I spoke with Jerry Miculek today, he said he will try to make the match if any way possible.

See you in 8 weeks.

Hopalong

hmmm...my name has disappeared from the squadding system!!!

staudache, Were you on Squad 13? Looks like they axed all of us for better shooters :unsure: Oh well they'll git it all squared away before the match.

Sorry everyone......this was my goof up. I had to rebuild my computer from the ground up this past weekend and goofed up in transferring files. Obviously I transferred a older file and thus wiped out a few of you guys.

I just sent out a new broadcast email with your PIN. Please check to make sure that you see your name on USPSA's site and to make sure you are squadded. I had 5 folks that this file transfer effected.

So again, I apologize. If you still don't see your name (and you were previously shown), please let me know.