Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Mag Tube - 3.5" beyond end of Bbl

jkushner1

I just added a Mossberg 935 SPX to my USPSA / Steel / IDPA shotgun line up (also a Rem 1100 Comp Master and a Benelli/HK M1 S90).

Anway, I just installed a Nordic +4 to get my mag tube capacity to 8 (eight) plus one in chamber.

The mag tube extension is about 3.5" loger than the Bbl. I am not worried about slugs and buck shot, but will I be okay with say

#7 shot so that it won't hit the mag tube, Common sense tells me I am good and this is a dumb question

To ask. But I decided I better ask it knowing that guys like Benny Hill, Ben Cooley and other shotgun guru's frequent these pages.

Am I in good shape with #7 shot or even #9 shot on this Mossberg.

Thanks,

Jon

The mag tube on my 11-87 has been 4" longer than it's barrel for years now, and I shoot mainly birdshot in the 7.5-8 size range. I have not shot the end off my mag tube yet :roflol: . With this said, I am using a steel Choate extension, and the muzzle blast has caused the surface finish to discolor, so you might want to check with Nordic if they see this as a risk for your aluminum tube.

3-GunShotgun.jpg

Edited by StealthyBlagga

It would be cool if one of the guys with one of those super slow-mo video cameras could take a shot of a shot and a slug exiting the barrel on such a gun.

I have a friend who has a tube that extends at least 18" past the muzzle and hasn't had an issue, short of running into walls with it. :)

Have seen some Euro guys (Italians / Greeks) with tubes a good 2 feet past the end of the barrel !

Mind you they are all a bit strange....

......and if they missed with the 19 shells they could throw the gun like a javelin ! :roflol:

Seeing the video of a guys 12 home loaded slugs simultanously detonating in his extended mag in Greece was pretty impressive, and he was only left with a few cuts and grazes - luck guy !!

Mind you he did then get DQ'ed !