Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock recoil reducer

noxcuse73

Has anyone seen or heard of some gizmo that inserts into the guide rod hole and supposedly reduces recoil by 10-15%. In 12 years of being a certified armorer and gunsmith I've never seen this. It appears to only be a steel rod driven into the hole in the back of the guide rod. From a mechanical design standpoint I don't see any way that there could be any measureable difference in recoil by stiffening of the guide rod in this manner. It appears that it would serve the same purpose as a SS guide rod for maybe smoother cycling, but not a noticable reduction in the recoil. It was $12 and this guy swears that him and all his friend with it in there guns can tell a difference, but I'm skeptical. Any info?

JV

I've seen several crappy contraptions that are sold to reduce recoil when they actually just cause jams.

The best 3 options for guidrods:

-leave it stock

-steel/tungsten noncaptured guiderod

-leave it stock

Proper grip and stance when used in conjunction with grip tape will reduce plenty of the recoil ;)

I've learned over the years and come full circle and run factory guide rods and keep a spare in my bag. NO it doesn't add any weight that I could tell, just some, what appeared to be metal, rod hammered down into the hollow hole in the factory guide rod. It appeared to be another flugalbinder wizbang gadget that someone is passing off as the cure all magic advantage gadget. The guy swears it made a difference, but honestly I don't see any way it could.

JV

I had one for a while. It is just a solid steel rod that slides inside the glock factory guide rod. I only kept it in because it made sure that the factory rod would NOT flex. The thought was no flex, no break. After a while I realized it didn't matter. The odds of it breaking were very small & while shooting GSSF matches, you had to take it out anyway to be stock so I took it out & I guess I forgot to ever put it back in. Not sure where it wound up, actually. It has been years since I even thought about it.

I could not tell any difference in recoil.

MLM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Im sad to say I fell for the sprinco reducer for my g35. At the time I would said I could tell the recoil was less, but as Ive shot more I realize it was just a different feel. Sucks blowing money <_<