Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trojan vs edge

I shot my buddy's .40 Edge side-by-side with my .45 Trojan yesterday afternoon and can tell you that my Trojan is more accurate than his Edge (I can shoot five shots into a ragged hole the size of a half dollar off hand at 15 yrds.). My Trojan is not as smooth as his Edge in cycling though. Not sure if the SS will hold the longer seated ammo.

My Trojan was similarly accurate with the factory barrel compared to my Edge...which is to say quite accurate. I shot 1.25" groups with both of them at 25yds more than once. I had Matt McLearn go over the Trojan when he did a trigger job on it and he said he did a little bit of touch up on the finish reaming of the chamber, but before that it definitely was okay with 1.20" loads. As an experiment I went out as long as 1.25 or 1.26" and it chambered those fine as well (they also would chamber in my Edge). My Trojan is off having a Schuemann Classic AET put in it....finally, even though I've had the barrel for over a year. I decided to procrastinate later and it took a while to get around to....really looking forward to seeing how it does with the new barrel! R,

Edit to add: both are quite smooth and I don't think one is much smoother than the other...enough that I've never thought about it. When I had the Trojan to the guys at work the first thing they mention is how smooth it feels. I think Slide-Glide Lite is some of that, but still, they notice it.

Edited by G-ManBart

In my hands, it FEELS like the widebodies recoil less, which makes sense because there's more/wider grip against your hand.

I use the same loads for both, but, run Wilson .45 mags in my Trojan .40 for long loads. If I'm going to run short/factory length loads through my Trojan .40, I'll use standard, .40 mags, with the spacer.

Trojans are made to CATCH bullets, not shoot them.....

LMAO.

I just shot soda all over my screen!!!!!!!!

If you had a trojan, it might not be all over the screen :roflol:

I don't have an Edge, but I agree with the earlier posts about the .40 Trojan. Mine is accurate and feels as smooth as my limited gun, and it feeds long ammo flawlessly. I've become so accustomed to the 2011 grip on my limited gun, though, that the singlestack frame doesn't feel the same.

Not sure if they're still available, but I use both Tripp and Metalform 10mm mags with my long ammo. They don't have the spacers in the back of the mag, and they work great.

• 1 year later...