Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How much practice does this take?

Aristotle

I can't imagine how many hours it would have taken to perfect this routine...

http://www.break.com/index/talented-flexib...ll-routine.html

Im am AMAZED at the talent some people in this world have!! That was incredible to watch.

Somehow I don't think she would have a problem with any low ports....

Oh yeah - she's GM material with no prob. I can't even conceive of the time and effort it must take to perform at that level.

Of course, her spine and hips are composed entirely of rubber, and her father was Gumby.

What I love about that video is much more about the approach than the performance.

Yes, I'll admit, what she did was incredible. Beyond words.

What I appreciate more is the imagination though. It's never been done before, so how does one think about all that she did? Build it into a routine that gets people shouting at a gymnastics tournament.

Life is full of proof, the winners out there don't just do it better. They do better things better.

Amazing!

Jack

What I appreciate more is the imagination though. It's never been done before, so how does one think about all that she did?

That's exactly what has me so amazed. Not only is it amazing, but how does one learn/practice all of that? Shooting, I have a ton of resources. She made everything look easy and everything was not only perfect, BUT INNOVATIVE. If I could accomplish just 2-3 of those tricks flawlessly, in front of my peers/world it would have been an accomplishment many years in the making.

We practice a relatively shorter range of body movement, yet it's hard to get perfect. THAT is a WHOLE different level of perfection.

It Really puts things in perspective in terms of ones true limitations.

It Really puts things in perspective in terms of ones true limitations.

I know you're alluding to this

But the perspective it puts to me is the lack of limitations.

In fact, I am the limitation. That is such a degrading, challenging, humbling thing to think. The only thing that limits me . . . is me.

Jack

A friend of mine has been involved in gym at very high level (she did several olympics) and I can tell you it takes years of hard work and dedication to achieve this !

It's truly amazing, this performance is simply incredible.

For a huge percentage of the people on this earth ...... It is and always would be a physical impossibility to achieve what she does. Period.

I now wait for the same tired argument that "If you really want it anyone could do it.." "If you worked as hard as I have worked you would be there too...." Etc etc.... ;)

For a huge percentage of the people on this earth ...... It is and always would be a physical impossibility to achieve what she does. Period.

I now wait for the same tired argument that "If you really want it anyone could do it.." "If you worked as hard as I have worked you would be there too...." Etc etc.... ;)

Merlin, that is fawesome!

And spot on.

Jack