Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

timer on a budget

chefcs5

as every one knows this wonderfull sport can get really pricey really fast. I need a reliable shot time with just the basics. Nothing fancy.. but as stated in title I am on a budget. Looking at some on ebay but id rather buy new. Any decent shot timers out there without all the bells and whistles.

Pocket ProII

+1 Around $120 and can be dropped a bunch or times and still keep on working.

Hint: If you drop it and lose the display, pull the battery out and bend the contact tangs out a bit to regain contact with the battery.

JT

yeah Ive been looking at those 2 also but as im laid off right now i was hopping to find somewhere to get a used one or a real cheap one so I could find something for arround 50$ cuz this ammo thing is killin the wallet since i dont reload..lol..

Edited by chefcs5

midway has a competition electronics pocket pro for $115. i got one a few weeks ago and love it. its just like everything else in this sport. just go ahead and get it now and sooner or later you'll run out of things you need. i've been buying stuff for 8 months now but i know soon i'll have everything i need. soon, soon, soon WHEN??? soon. but seriously whatever you buy, buy it once. i have learned that much.

as every one knows this wonderfull sport can get really pricey really fast. I need a reliable shot time with just the basics. Nothing fancy.. but as stated in title I am on a budget. Looking at some on ebay but id rather buy new. Any decent shot timers out there without all the bells and whistles.

I've >literally< had all the major timers out there within the past few weeks (Just ask mike at shooter's connection!). I've settled on the CED7000. That's my fav. Just get that one and don't look back. Trust me, I've "been there and done that!"

wow perfect I do have a phone I found out would work with those!!! thanks a ton

I tried to use an iphone as a shot timer, but it was just too quiet. The beep wasnt loud enough. fyi

All the shot timers are around 120-130$. Might try to get a second hand one from a shooting buddy/ebay. Also, most companies would repair your shot timer without costs(except for shipping).