Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

another scope mount question

rishii

Hi guys

my open gun is old, built back in 94, and is drilled and tapped for a weigand pattern mount.

since then I've ditched the tasco pdp3 and went with a c-more, using a dawson mount. well the mount is starting to crack at the back, and I figured i'd just order another one. checked the dawson website and I'm SOL, they don't list the weigand pattern mounts anymore :angry2:

some where back in my fuzzy memory, I seem to remember someone telling me it's possible to convert the weigand hole spacing to a c-more because 2 of the holes line up and you drill and tap the rest?

has any one done this? and is it possible?

thanks

I would just order an undrilled mount and drill the holes to match your current pattern.

Ya, that's a way to go. Depending on how soon you need one I can run one with no holes and you can punch them where you need it or give me center to centers on them and I can do it.

JTompson is right most makers of mounts will drill them for you if you give them the center to center. My gun was drilled for a awesome pattern 6 holes, :o Since then I switched to the Arrendondo mount for the Trijicon sight. He drilled my mount for me for 10.00 dollars, and it bolted right on.

I would just order an undrilled mount and drill the holes to match your current pattern.

Ya, that's a way to go. Depending on how soon you need one I can run one with no holes and you can punch them where you need it or give me center to centers on them and I can do it.

JT

pm sent

JT

pm sent

Gotcha.

• 1 month later...

got my quinn mount friday, mounted it sat. shot a match with on on sunday, with about 30 seconds of dryfire.

man it's sweet, other than searching for my dot on the draw, it just plain rocks.

it sits so low, no more blast shield, no worries about ejection, and those close head, oops I mean upper A/B, shots were easy.

thanks JT