Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

22 conversion for 2011 frame

Dave Wilson

I have a new frame I am thinking about running a 22 top end on. I already have one of the Kimber conversions for a 1911, and it runs great for me, but I would like to put it on the double stack. Does anyone make mags that would work with the kimber conversion? If there are none available, what would be the most bang for the buck for conversion and 5 mags for the 2011 platform?

Thanks!

Dave

While I agree with the quality of Tactical Solutions products, it would be nice to use my existing conversion with another company's mags. I have heard that the kimber mags work with the Marvel conversions for single stack... and I know that the STI conversion is a Marvel product. Has anyone tried the Kimber 22 top end with a S_I frame? If so, what mags were used?

If all else fails, I will be looking for a deal on a new/used conversion from TacSol.

Dave

Dave,

On the Tactical Solutions uppers, there is no difference between a 1911/22 conversion and a 2011/22 conversion other than the magazine. I have never used the TS magazines with the Kimber upper but I can't see any reason why you can't use the TS magazine (2211) with the Kimber upper on a 2011 lower (I know every frame is different and this is a little hit and miss). Try it since you already have all but the magazine, right? If you lived closer I would let you use my TS 2211 magazine to test...And since you need the magazine anyhow just buy 1 TS magazine and tell us how it worked!

Full Auto:

I would go with the railed and threaded barreled TS upper and use thier screw-on comp to replicate your open gun...the rail on the TS upper does not move! Should give you a good feel using the 22 ammo.

RLTW,

Scott

• 3 months later...