Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MGM beaver tail

rupie

I saw a MGM Beaver tail that is held in place by a rubber sleeve, has anyone used one of these and I wonder if you can epoxy it onto the grip instead of the rubber sleeve.

I have one of their prototypes - it certainly helps me point the gun better,

I usually shoot 2011 frames but pick up a glock for a once a year match.

I've never had slide bite, but it will prevent that if you're prone to it.

TimE

I use one and it works great for keeping the slide off of your hand. I haven't noticed that it points or controls recoil any better. I taped mine on with vinyl tape and then overwrapped the grip with rubber tape. Works like a charm. If you decide to epoxy it let us know how it turns out.

• 2 weeks later...
:cheers: I put one on my Glock 35 limited gun and wrapped it with Agrip and I feel that it works great. If you have large hands it will keep you from getting bit. I have found that it does help with my draw and position of the gun on the first target. :ph34r:

• 7 months later...

No it is not!!!!!

I picked one up at the Nationals but I can't draw 100% reliably with it, 1 in 20 or so tries I am coming down on the end of it. For someone with huge meaty hands it might help with slide bite but personally I took mine off.

• 2 months later...

I bought one for my G35 limited gun because I always get slide bite. It stopped the slide bite all together. So I bought one for my G34 as well for 3 gun. I wish I could use it for Production. I shaved about 50% of the tail off as I was getting my thumb hung up on it too. Now it works great. I'm gonna have to try to secure them with epoxy eventually. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Why don't ya just take a little JB quick weld and make one. Looks a whole lot better..

That looks nice! However, I don't have the patience to make anything that takes longer than a pizza. I thought about having my local Gunsmith, Accurate Iron make me one but for $20 I could try the glocktail without too much work or cost. Plus the G34 gets used for 3 gun and production so I gotta be able to remove it.