Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small Frame owners

RIIID

I got a small frame gun in the other day and my LTD/Open magwell fits the outside opening. The internal area needs to be blended to the magwell. I checked a Springfield P9 against both magwells I make and no go. I'll have to make a magwell just for that frame.

If you have a small frame gun could you measure the outside dimensions, width and length and post/e-mail them.

The frame I have is in the 22,000 serial number range, there might be some small frame gun owners out there that doesn't have to wait for the small frame magwell to be made.

Rich

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got a small frame gun in the other day and my LTD/Open magwell fits the outside opening. The internal area needs to be blended to the magwell. I checked a Springfield P9 against both magwells I make and no go. I'll have to make a magwell just for that frame.

If you have a small frame gun could you measure the outside dimensions, width and length and post/e-mail them.

The frame I have is in the 22,000 serial number range, there might be some small frame gun owners out there that doesn't have to wait for the small frame magwell to be made.

Rich

I have a small custom/limited frame an its external measurements are 2,154” x 1,152”. Does it fit?

• 3 years later...

Rich

Hey man have you had any luck with fitting a magwell to the P9 yet? I have an open P9 and I have been looking for a non weld on magwell for sometime. I have a three sided weld on one but its not for me right now. Ill get proper measurments tonight for you, and anything else if it helps.

Cheers,

Evan

Edited by Workingspy

Ok so I took some measurments from two of my P9's. One is a stock one and my open one that has had the inside of the mag opening ground down already.

STOCK gun

W/OD- 1"

W/ID- .870"

L/OD- 2.135"

L/ID- 1.55"

OPEN gun

W/OD- 1"

W/ID- .925"

L/OD- 2.135"

L/ID- 1.650"

Cheers,

Evan

If it has a long spring the Henning mag well will be difficult to use since it's designed for models with the short spring so there's a bolt which goes right through your spring. The CZ 75 mag well from CZC would work better for your application although it must be heavily modified to work with standard length mag tubes (it's designed to work with the SP01 tubes). I have a modified one if you're interested.

I definately didn't think the henning or limited style one would work because of the bolt you mentioned. I would however be interested in the one you have, that would be great. Ill pm you to talk more on that.

Cheers,

Evan