Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon RL550B Case feeder

I just finished the installation of a case feeder to my RL550B, and wondered if anyone else can tell me it theirs leans backwards too. The drop tubes take care of the list, but I was just wondering if this is normal, I can't see that I have install it/or anything incorrectly. (see pix)post-10068-1238375595_thumb.jpg

It also took me forever reworking the primer activation rod, so it consistantly collects a primer, also the primer slide to get into position correctly every time without it hitting the new portions added by the addition of the case feeder? (see pix)post-10068-1238375605_thumb.jpg

I remember when I got one of the very first 550 casefeeders it took a while to make everything work properly. I ended up doing some grinding and other "stuff" but it now works great. Of course, most of my reloading is now done on the 1050 with KISS bulletfeeder that sits on the bench next to the 550.

I've been thinking about getting the case feeder for my 550B but I am concerned I will have problems. This website has an amazing amount of information and only one person responded to the post.

I don't mind tinkering but grinding etc... I am not sure if I should still get one.

:angry:

I have two on 550's that are on Strong Mounts. No modifications or issues other than replacing the parts needed to install the case feeder. ( :closedeyes: Well, I did bend the sensing lever inward on the power interrupt microswitch at its midpoint on the case feeder for the .38Super 550)

• 1 month later...

I had to do a little more engineering to the case feeder set up than I would have liked, but now it is up and running it is a god-send.

As yo can see from my first posts, the mounting post and the hooper sit with a rear lean, which also makes the drop tube lean, but is does not seem to affect it's operation in any way.

Biggest problem was the primer slide actuator, and you can not see in the photo of it just how much I bent & tweaked it so it did not interfear anywhere.

All in all, good job Dillon, I was going to move out of my 550 into a 650 or 1050, but think I will ahppily say with what I have.

Hello fellas,

Just installed my case feeder and it works like a champ. I did not run into any problems. Set up took me about an hour; I made sure everything worked properly step by step.

Thank you for everybody’s feedback. It took a while; I had to wait for my birthday, I am glad I did not have to wait for father’s day also for my little piece of blue happiness.

Btw the wife surprised me with the aluminum roller handle also. Who could ask for more? Well maybe some components.

Cheers.

From the bench (with a strong mount) the highest point of the case feeder, the total height is 45 inches. From the powder measure to the highest point of the case feeder, the height is 12 inches. You may want to leave more room to hook up a mirror to see inside the case feeder when reloading.

I hope this helps.

Marc

From the bench (with a strong mount) the highest point of the case feeder, the total height is 45 inches. From the powder measure to the highest point of the case feeder, the height is 12 inches. You may want to leave more room to hook up a mirror to see inside the case feeder when reloading.

I hope this helps.

Marc

Thanks Dukerdog,

I'll go mesure now But I don't think it's going to fit unless I ditch the strong mount or relocate the whole machine, neither one I really want to do. I like the Idea about the mirror, I'll have to do that when I do get a case feeder.

Dave