Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Joining USPSA

Sarge

OK everyone go ahead and let me have it. Just flail away. I am new to the sport and had decided not to join USPSA until I got good enough to go to some classifiers. Well that was before I realized that even a club match can have a classifier stage thrown in. Lets just say I will be a member next time I shoot a match.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Dan I already passed on my thanks to Ray for putting together a great match and helping a newcomer get his feet wet. I know you played a major part in the match so thanks to you as well. Also thanks for clarifying the rule regarding standing on the box while shooting.(I asked you about it on the Bowling pin range after the briefing you gave.)

I knew IDPA shooters, that never shoot USPSA, yet belong just so they can get Front Sight Magazine.

Lets just say the IDPA equivalent publication does not quite meet the reading needs of its membership sometimes.

BB

+1 on that for me.

I don't know about your local club, but here in the Mid-Atlantic Section, you can join USPSA at a match for the regular $40 annual membership fee and shoot that match for free.

A definite bargain. Regular match fees are $25 for non-USPSA members so you can look at it in two ways, you get to shoot a match for free and join, OR you pay to shoot the match and get a discounted membership.

USPSA does get the $40 either way.

Jim

You have up to 2 or maybe 3 months if I'm not mistaken

Two weeks is what I was told on the phone. If you shoot a match and then join USPSA within two weeks of that match, your classifier score(s) can count.

If your club didn't send your scores in with the others since they didn't have a USPSA number for you and you didn't write "pending" in the space for the number, but you'd now like your classifier score(s) counted, after you've joined, you can get the club person who handles sending in the scores to send a corrected score sheet with your number. It can be sent by email to val@uspsa.org

I just went through this myself.

MODS, if I should not post someone's email addy without permission, then delete that part and I'll just say he should call USPSA at (360) 855-2245 to get the details.