Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 and 147gr vs 124gr reload question

keyser

I primarily shoot a G19 and Cz75 and have been reloading for approx a month. I'm going to be adding another G19 or G17 shortly. Anyway, I've reloaded about 1k of PD 124gr FMJ's and accuracy was very good, well I need to reorder bullets and have never tried 147gr in anything, but think I'd like to try it, plus it seems I'd get more mileage out of my powder, but at more of a cost for bullets so maybe that is a mute point. Has anyone with a G19 or CZ75 found good accuracy out of the 147gr compared to 124? And if I do go with 147gr should I go with RN or TC style? Thanks

Powders I have on hand are Bullseye, Titegroup, and Power Pistol and Wolf Primers when my CCI supply runs out shortly.

• 3 months later...
What he said.

I make 128PF out of a G34 with a PD 147 RN FMJ. It's barely over the power floor from a G19 - about 16-and-change.

3.3 titegroup and an OAL of 1.125"-1.130" should be good to go.

I've got a G19 and G26 that I'm loading with 147gr. LFP and tight-group but I'm getting conflicting data from everywhere and my book doesn't have any data for lead 9mm at all. What kind of oal should I go for and how much tight group should I be loading. Right now I've got about 60 loaded with 3.2 and 2.8 gr. and they are 1.16. They do seem to cycle through my guns just fine (By hand)

I primarily shoot a G19 and Cz75 and have been reloading for approx a month. I'm going to be adding another G19 or G17 shortly. Anyway, I've reloaded about 1k of PD 124gr FMJ's and accuracy was very good, well I need to reorder bullets and have never tried 147gr in anything, but think I'd like to try it, plus it seems I'd get more mileage out of my powder, but at more of a cost for bullets so maybe that is a mute point. Has anyone with a G19 or CZ75 found good accuracy out of the 147gr compared to 124? And if I do go with 147gr should I go with RN or TC style? Thanks

Powders I have on hand are Bullseye, Titegroup, and Power Pistol and Wolf Primers when my CCI supply runs out shortly.

My 75 b and 75sa both shoot high and left with the 147's from different companies, going to try 124's next to see if the gun likes them better. They shoot factory 115's just fine

Many have had tumbling problems from their CZ's with 147gr bullets. Power factor is going to be your problem with the G19. You are going to have to push the bullet faster in the G19 to make pf, but it should fly true.

I'm all for experimenting, but in these times of lack of reloading materials, I would stick with what works already until you have the extra materials to play with. 124gr 9mm minor loads are plenty soft.