Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2003 Mississippi Classic, Ms Section Championship

Magnolia Practical Shooters are once again proud to host this years' Mississippi Section Championship match, the 2003 Mississippi Classic. Eight challenging stages and 200+ rounds along with Cash, Plaques, and a Prize Raffle. The match will be held on October 10-12, 2003, at the Magnolia Rifle & Pistol Club range in Jackson, Mississippi. As in previous years, RO's and a limited number of shoot throughs will run on the 10th with all others shooting the 11th and 12th. For a match application, map to the range, and contact info, please check out the Team Magnolia website: www.teammagnolia.com/classic.

Only a few more days before the price goes up, so get your entries in. Should be a great match. I believe I'll be RO'ing on Stage 5 all weekend, so anyone who makes it please say "hello".

Bryant

Sorry so late in replying.

Lynn, I am talking to the match director tomorrow, but I hope we will have stages posted soon. Emails will be sent to those that are registered when stages are posted.

Matt, hope you can make it. Also hope we get squadded together at MO. Should be fun.

Bryant

Bryant,

Sorry man I won't be at MS state this year. I'm going to LSU v. Florida game. I missed all of the LSU home games so far because of shooting matches. I'm going to take a little break from shooting and do some college stuff,lol. Hopefully I'll catch you guys next year. Have fun at the match.

Blake, how about I tape it for ya so you can make the match? ;)

We'll miss you at the match. I guess there will be a new HOA Limited winner this year. It won't be the same without one of the top Limited shooters in the game being there though.

Enjoy the college stuff. It seems to go by awful quickly. On a slightly related note, I'm supposed to be going to the MSU/LSU game this weekend in Starkville. . . Looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Kathy, glad to see you and David are going to be able to make the match!

The stages have now been posted for those that are interested: 2003 MS Classic Stage Diagrams

Competitors should have received an email with the stage description link today as well as some other info.

Also, Cheryl Leck of Leck's Guns, this year's match sponsor, wanted to let everyone know that she is currently accepting orders for pick-up at the match If you would like to place an order with Cheryl to

be sure you get all the items on your match shopping list, you may contact her at (361) 277-3380 or send her an e-mail at lecksguns@aol.com Please help support those who support our sport.

Thanks, and hope to see y'all there.

Bryant

Hey Shooter Grrl, glad you two can make it. This is our favorite match of the year. Come say high to the Rowdy Bunch from LA.. We are not the best shooters, but we are the Super Squad of having a good time, ribbing our fellow shooters, ribbing RO's, and partying at the Dock! Bryant and the guys from Jackson always make this match a "Don't Miss affair".

Thanks for the high praise Mark. Hope y'all enjoyed it as much this year. It's always good to shoot with the guys from LA.

For anyone that is interested, results are up both on the USPSA website and on the Team Magnolia Website. A big thank you to stats man John Heiter ( Patches ) for doing such a great job handling the administrative work, scoring the match, and getting the scores out quickly and keeping the website updated. Everything seemed to run on time or ahead of schedule.

It was great to meet Kathy and David, and congrats to David for taking 2nd B Open. Congrats also to Matthew Mink for his dominating performance in Production. Quite a show.

Congrats to all of the other winners as well, and thanks to all those that came both to shoot and work the match in order to make it possible. If anyone has any comments on how to make the match better next year, please contact me or use the email link on the website above to let us know.

Thanks again, and hope to see everyone again next year (if not sooner).

Sincerely,

Bryant

When looking at the results note that Magnolia Practical Shooters own Bryant Chaffin is the Mississippi Limited Champion (2nd overall Limited). If not for gun problems on two stages????

I enjoyed watching those of you who I have be gleaning information from over this forum shoot.

Stage 5 (Psycho) Flunky

Bill

Bryant,

This was my second Mississippi Classic. Once again I am impressed at the effort and dedication of the staff and RO's. Thanks for the effort as it made an excellant match.

Dennis

OBTW, I was really impressed with the stats shack. Timely updates during the day and the match results were posted before I got home !!!

thanks again

dj

As always, a great match. An excellent mix of fun and challenging stages. A big thank you to all of those involved in putting this match together.

Congratulations to dajarrel for finishing 3rd C in Limited. He wouldn't let us forget it on the way home.

My humblest apologies for not including Roger Kooi, John Bean (1st and 2nd A Open respectively, and Roger was 2nd Overall Open) and Dennis Jarrel (3rd C Limited) in my congratulations earlier. I'm sure I am still forgetting someone, and for that I apologize in advance. Nice shooting guys, and thanks for all of the compliments! We appreciate all of the support, and we hope to make it a bigger and better match next year.

We now have a few pictures up from the match in the Team Magnolia Photo Gallery. We hope to add more as we get them.

Bryant

No need to apologize Bryant, thanks again for a great match and just know that the Coor's Light Twins will be residing on Stage 10 at this weekend's Georgia State Championship. Don't worry, I'll take good care of 'em :wacko: