Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Fort Benning 3 Gun Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this were somehow linked to the yearly protest by the nuts that desire to close down the School of the Americas? Of all the Saturdays I could have picked, I chose this past Saturday to take my cub scout den to Columbus to see the Civil War Naval Museum and the Museum of the Infantry. We encountered lots of securty but things appeared well in hand.

BTW if you have any time at all to spare, visit the Infantry Museum. The presentation in the main exhibit hall is very moving and completely unique in its approach.

Yes there will be side matches - it will run from Friday - Sunday.

Side match!! Yes if you bring you HS Diploma, your Birth Certificate. ASVAB results and take a physical; a nice Recruiter will help sign you up for the Afghanistan Stage (side match) :ph34r::ph34r:

If your Prior Service,,,, like me I’m sure your smiling too!! :cheers::cheers::roflol:

Jim M ammo

U,S, ARMY

SFC (Ret)

Saw that article and heard about it on the news and thought it may negatively affect the match and possibly cause it to be cancelled. Thought maybe BigHamp would chime in.

300 civilians, armed, with bags full of high cap mags and ammo, and in personal vehicles lined up at the gate trying to get in. I'm trying to remember if there was a checklist of entrants at the gate? Since we all signed up 6 months ago, that list might be helpful.

Regardless, I think there is going to be lots of headaches.

Mikey, maybe we'll take the preparty and turn it into its own match???????????????

Stage 1, stay up all night drinking, and then go shoot in the morning.

Stage 2, reassemble your AR properly.

Stage 3, recite 5 lines from the movie "Team America"

Stage 4, stay up all night drinking, and then shoot again in the morning.

Stage 5, the dreaded pencil test!!!!!

Stage 6, find Jeff's spring the his Benelli

Stage 7, make Jeff a new spring

Stage 8, stay up all night drinking and then shoot again in the morning

Stage 9, go buy more drinking material

Stage 10, keep a lookout for the "wildman of the woods"

Stage 11, who wakes up with mikey this time?????

See you in a few buddy, take care...............

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Saw that article and heard about it on the news and thought it may negatively affect the match and possibly cause it to be cancelled. Thought maybe BigHamp would chime in.

300 civilians, armed, with bags full of high cap mags and ammo, and in personal vehicles lined up at the gate trying to get in. I'm trying to remember if there was a checklist of entrants at the gate? Since we all signed up 6 months ago, that list might be helpful.

The list of all competitors is always sent to the front gate, and is updated the week of the match, so that late entries are included.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2009 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

The list of all competitors is always sent to the front gate, and is updated the week of the match, so that late entries are included.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

The Army (and everyone else) know that the names on the list who stop and report that they are transporting arms and ammo are not those who are there to harm anyone. If a bad act is going to take place, it will be from someone who does not register their weapons upon arriving at Ft Benning.

I saw Zak Smith's helmet cam footage of a stage from last year's Ft. Benning 3 gun match.

Man! I can see now why it fills up so fast and is such a highly regarded match.

That trench part of that stage looks cool. I am impressed by the amount of work that would have taken.

:cheers:

Is their a specific gate we are supposed to enter Ft Benning, for the match?

Jim M ammo

Yes!

Main gate entry ONLY until you have checked in at the visitors center (at the main gate) and get a pass for your vehicle. After that, you will always have to stop to show ID's, but that vehicle pass will let you enter via other gates.

The main gate is on the Georgia side of Ft Benning where I-185 ends. See the Previous post about the gate in this thread for details

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Is their a specific gate we are supposed to enter Ft Benning, for the match?

Jim M ammo

Yes!

Main gate entry ONLY until you have checked in at the visitors center (at the main gate) and get a pass for your vehicle. After that, you will always have to stop to show ID's, but that vehicle pass will let you enter via other gates.

The main gate is on the Georgia side of Ft Benning where I-185 ends. See the Previous post about the gate in this thread for details

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Thanks Linda,,, I thought I remembered seeing something but I went blind,,, trying to find it in this thread. (how many pages is a thread record?) :wacko:

I did call the Ft Benning Vehicle registration office,, for those of us that have their vehicle sticker from another military base, (ft hood in my case) they do honor your vehicle registration.

Jim M ammo

I'm guessing at the very least arrive early and expect a line to get through the gate?

Never really seen a problem. When you stop at the vistors center take your DL, registration, and insurance card in with you and have your firearms declaration (both copies) ready to hand them. As long as you are not standing behind someone who is "ocnfused" about what is required to enter a government installation, the entire process takes about 2 minutes. They usually have 4 folks helping people. If you see someone who looks like a shooter stand in the same line since you will know the person doing the check in knows the drill.

If you see someone who looks like a shooter stand in the same line since you will know the person doing the check in knows the drill.

We should develope a secret signal... So we know who eachother are ;)

Everyone wear a red carnation in their lapel... Or something like that. :D

If you see someone who looks like a shooter stand in the same line since you will know the person doing the check in knows the drill.

Anything wrong with a shooter shirt? I hardly have anything else.

Anything wrong with a shooter shirt? I hardly have anything else.

Yeah... really. If it weren't for match shirts I'd be nekked from the waist up most days... :D