Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel City Carbine Match

Guys,

I wanted to give everyone an update on the Steel City Carbine Championship Match on May 30th and 31st.

Saturday is really filling up, if you want to shoot on Saturday, please don't wait much longer to send in your application. Sunday is still pretty open. Looks like lots of "go fast" people are opting to shoot Sunday.

Several sponsors have stepped up to help us out. We're going to do the prizes by a combo of drawing and order of finish. Here's how its going to work:

Prizes by order of finish:

Overall match winner receives a Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x scope

Tac Optics 1st - 3rd places will win an Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm pistol

Tac Irons 1st place will win an M&P 9mm pistol

Heavy Metal Optics 1st place will win an M&P 9mm pistol

Heavy Metal Irons 1st place will win an M&P 9mm pistol

(5 pistols all together, if you win the scope, you don't get a pistol too :) )

In addition, we'll have a prize table each day after the shooting is finished that will be visited by random drawing. Everyone will have a chance at the good stuff. I'm trying to get enough stuff so everyone will get to visit the prize table. We've got scopes from Nightforce, US Opitcs, Burris and Aimpoint. A couple of suppressors, lots of cool nylon and kydex gear, firearms accessories, etc. LaRue and many others are helping us out again this year. Several new sponsors are on board and others are pending. I'm pretty excited about what we're getting. The sledding is pretty tough putting together a prize table these days, especially with the state of the firearms industry right now. Most of the big manufacturers are backordered as far as the eye can see, but they're still trying to help us out.

Everyone will be able to shoot for a nice prize, but all will have a chance to win nice stuff at the prize table. Hopefully the best of both worlds.

More importantly, the stages will be great. 7 scenario based stages and we get to pretty much use the whole range.

Match fee is only $60 and includes a t-shirt. Applications can be found on the Steel City website, there's a link to the match on the home page. You can also e-mail me and I'll send you an application. www.scssa.org

Hope to see everyone in May.

David

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Truly a match with a HUGE bang for the buck, thanks Dave for all your hard work and that of the posse helping you and of course Kim for letting you do all this for us.

See you in May

jc

Ditto that. This match is a favorite of the Tallahassee crew. What a great bunch of folks. David, please tell Kim we said thank you very much and that we will be bringing the brownies with us.

:cheers:

Awesome Dave! :bow: This thing has grown to be a big deal. Go ahead and get your big girl panties out for next year. Something tells me your gonna need em its gonna be so big :D

Folks.....this is no regular monthly po dunk type of match. The quality and fun level of this match is through the roof. Its worth every bit of a 6 hour drive to me. But lucky for me its only 2.

Thanks David. You and your crew put on a great match. I always enjoy shooting them as they are challenging and draw alot of talent from four or five states (meeting this talent has really helped my rifle game). It has been fun to watch them grow into the big event the May match is going to be! :cheers:

Thanks, Hurley

Thanks David. You and your crew put on a great match. I always enjoy shooting them as they are challenging and draw alot of talent from four or five states (meeting this talent has really helped my rifle game). It has been fun to watch them grow into the big event the May match is going to be! :cheers:

Thanks, Hurley

You're rifle game is definitely on these days Hurley! You kicked everyone's butt at the January match in the iron sight division.

Thanks for the kind words, see you in May.

DT

Thanks in advance for all your hard work Mr. Tapp

Yep, Going to be a GREAT MATCH......You going to stay for more than 2 stages this time????

And yes, I have contacted Critter Control and they are going to perform a sweep of the entire range for snakes so I will be GOOD TO GO!!!

Yep, Going to be a GREAT MATCH......You going to stay for more than 2 stages this time????

And yes, I have contacted Critter Control and they are going to perform a sweep of the entire range for snakes so I will be GOOD TO GO!!!

I think the better question is "are you going to stay for more than one stage this time" Mr. Snake Killer! :roflol:

I think the better question is "are you going to stay for more than one stage this time" Mr. Snake Killer! :roflol:

CLICK THE PIC DAVE!!

post-6763-1237075092_thumb.png

Edited by DrawandDuck

I left because of the rain my parents taught me to come in out of the rain. I wasn't asked to leave!!

Well, I'm sure they taught you some other things but you seem to ignore them too......

but get your facts straight....I wasn't asked, I was TOLD!!!!!!! :roflol:

Edited by DrawandDuck

I wasn't able to attend last years match but I'll be at this one for sure. I can only imagine what all you have to do to get such a great match running and I truly appreciate it David. I look forward to seeing all of you soon. Even you Brian, you sexy hunk of a man! :devil:

I left because of the rain my parents taught me to come in out of the rain. I wasn't asked to leave!!

Well, I'm sure they taught you some other things but you seem to ignore them too......

but get your facts straight....I wasn't asked, I was TOLD!!!!!!! :roflol:

Actually, you were very gentlemanly (is that a word?) about it. You proclaimed yourself "done for the day", nobody had to ask or tell. Bill McDonald is still having bad dreams about the snake and will be forever grateful to you for killing it.

So.......you're naming the May match "Snakes on a Plain" ? sorry, my resistance is low

No, the January match was re-named "Snakes on Stage 7". Mr. Draw n' Duck will hopefully clear everything out on Friday for the May match so we can just call it the Carbine Championship match.......

Hope you're doing well Michael.

DT

This match is a pretty long drive from the middle of NC, but I allready have vacation scheduled for that week so I wouldn't have to burn any days to attend. So from the above posts I can tell it is a good match, but be straight up with me, is it good enough for me to come that far? If so I might jump in the car.

This match is a pretty long drive from the middle of NC, but I allready have vacation scheduled for that week so I wouldn't have to burn any days to attend. So from the above posts I can tell it is a good match, but be straight up with me, is it good enough for me to come that far? If so I might jump in the car.

I drive from Mobile,AL. for every one of David's carbine matches that I can. It is about a 3-3.5 hour drive. I usually leave home around 0500 and get back home around 2000. I have shot 6 of these matches so far and have not been disappointed with one yet (ok, I have been disappointed in some of my finishes, but never in the match). Lots of fun and good people to shoot with. :cheers:

Hurley

The NC state USPSA match is a couple weeks before this match, and I can only do one. Even though the pistol match is in NC, it is still a solid four hours away. So, four or six hour ride is all a wash, entry fees are a wash, every thing will cost about the same. Besides, I ain't afraid of no snakes...as long as they are in a cage. Nothing like standing on the pier at 3am, in the middle east, with spotlights on, watching sea snakes come to the surface to get a breath, knowing you are getting ready for a 1k swim into the darkness. Ahhh, to be young and bullet proof again....

I don't know what the prize table is like at the NC state match is like, but the Carbine match will have a large prize table.

I am not trying to sway you one way or another, only you can decide that, just trying to give you as much information as possible.

Hurley

The NC state USPSA match is a couple weeks before this match, and I can only do one. Even though the pistol match is in NC, it is still a solid four hours away. So, four or six hour ride is all a wash, entry fees are a wash, every thing will cost about the same. Besides, I ain't afraid of no snakes...as long as they are in a cage. Nothing like standing on the pier at 3am, in the middle east, with spotlights on, watching sea snakes come to the surface to get a breath, knowing you are getting ready for a 1k swim into the darkness. Ahhh, to be young and bullet proof again....

Steve,

So many matches, so few weekends...............

I feel your pain. This will be a fun day of rifle shooting, but it is a decent haul for you. If you decide not to make the May match not all is lost, we have these quarterly, on months with a 5th Saturday. The standard matches don't have a prize table, but consist of 7 stages and lots of blastin'. People drive from aways off to shoot with us and seem to think its worth the trip.

Another suggestion, I know several folks who are going to shoot the NC match on Friday, then shoot the Carbine match on Sunday. That'll give you an extra day for travel and rest. Not sure if that helps your situation? It's really hard to schedule any type of match in the Spring w/o conflicting with another match. Last year we were on the same weekend as Superstition Mt. and a couple of others.

If you miss us in May, I hope you can make one of the matches later in the year.

Oops. I just noticed you said the NC match. I was referring to the SC match which is on the same weekend as the Carbine match.

David

Edited by dt1

Steve, I drive a solid 4.5 hrs for David's match. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to spend the day with. Everyone is friendly and the stages all have unique challenges.