Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 with LW conversion

Mark K

I have a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel that I put in my G35. However the light (125PF) USPSA loads that work in my friend's G34 will not function in my converted G35 with the G35 guide rod and spring. What one should I order for a lighter spring setup?

Mark

What is it "not" doing? The G34 and G35 use the same recoil spring assembly.

edited to add comment........

Edited by JimmyM

It is stove piping the 9mm cases, or jamming the case lengthwise in the port. Definately feels and look like it is just not going back far enough. Seems to work with a Minor 40 (180s and clays. the 9mms are 147s and clays.

Mark

Mark,

based on my experience somewhere between 12 and 14 lbs. will be about right --- but the spring really needs to match the gun. I've owned three 34s, one of them ran best with a 12 lb. spring, the other two were unsafe with 12 lb. springs; they needed at least a 13 lb.....

I'd start with a Wolff 14 lb. spring. Be aware that when going lighter than stock you really need Wolff's reduced power striker spring as well --- otherwise the trigger pull could move the slide out of battery as the regular striker spring compresses....

It's a balancing act --- play with it in dry fire extensively, checking for slide movement.....

Mark,

Swap the trigger/ejector mechanism housing from the .40 to a 9mm. Sounds like your empties aren't contacting the ejector adequately.

Jim

P.S. You mentioned minor USPSA loads. I'm guessing you know the .40 cal. G35 with a 9mm conv. barrel is not allowed in Production. Just making sure. :)

Thanks All

Mark K

I have a conversion barrel and shoot 147s over solo 1000 at about 135 pf. It extracts fine with a 15lb spring and a steel guide rod. I ran some frangible rounds through it at an indoor steel match the other day - I believe they were 90 grain, not sure about velocity. I had quite a few instances of the case jamming horizontally in the ejection port. I believe 4-5 times over about 80 rounds of ammo. I am going to replace both the extractor and the ejector with the 9mm versions and see how it runs.