Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idea: P7m13 Open Gun

bernt

I had a P7M13 for a little while.

I quickly sold it once I realized that plated bullets (and lead, too) would clog up the gas chamber.

A curious design but one that's going nowhere. I put the money toward a SVI and have been happy ever since.

Hi everyone,

I have one such gun. It was built by Jim Boland and Bruce Gray (The gun is only marked with Bolands stamp, but he and Bruce shared the same shop space for a while in So Cal back in the day) It is a very cool gun, has one of Jim's Carberator Comps and mag well, checkered back and squeezecocker on the front strap a Bar-Sto standard rifled barrel a custom scope mount, Bo-mars, overtravel stop, etc. If anyone can host the pics, I would be happy to e-mail them to you to see. I also have a P7M8 that Bruce built as a carry gun as well

I really would like to see those pics AND I can host them!

• 1 month later...

You know, I was about to pop off something smart, but then I got to thinking about it. SSP is pretty much first shot DA, and since you are cocking the P7 when you squeeze it, then technically your first shot is SA. So (with the P7) I should be signing in as ESP then, right?

P7 is IDPA ESP. Period.

I recall an old article on the Graygun that ate me up with desire, but I had no application around here at the time.

As I recall, he put a 5" barrel on a P7M13, making no effort to reproduce the H&K chamber flutes. He then welded on an extension of the slide to 6" and cut the expansion chamber and ports into the inch in front of the muzzle. The idea being that with the comp in the slide, the blast against the front baffle would supplement the gas piston in delaying slide opening with 9mm Major. He slimmed and rounded the thick M13 grip as much as possible. Must have done some good there, I think there was a top Lady shooter using one.

The price then would still get you a pretty good pistol now.

• 1 month later...

Those are really cool pics!

Getting back to Steel Challenge. About 4 or 5 years ago, I remember someone winning one of the IDPA classes with a P7. I think it was SSP. I guess he should have been in ESP though.

Itchy

You may want to check an article from the Front Sight magazine Mar/April 2005. Volume 22, page 61. There is a picture of Michael Racaro's HK P7M13 with full details of the mount and comp.

Good luck!

Sandro