Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swing El Presidente

Hey Guys &Gals I'm searching for the diagram of an old classifier called The Swinging El Presidente. I remember shooting it at one of the first Single Stack Matches held in Milan, IL. Does anyone have it ? If you do, can you e-mail it to me.

Thanks a mil. Ron

This was a stage shot first at the TN sectional in 04 stage 9(as far as I know). It is not a classifier but it was an awesome stage. I was my second match so I remember it well. I shot L10 with a SS45 and I was just glad I didn't DQ. ;)

Never heard of it but it sounds interesting. Would you please describe it?

TIA,

Chuck

As close as I can remember you started facing up range and at the beep you activated the swingers by pushing over a pepper popper (all three targets were swinging). It was a 60 point stage so we must have done the mandatory reload.

Hey Guys &Gals I'm searching for the diagram of an old classifier called The Swinging El Presidente. I remember shooting it at one of the first Single Stack Matches held in Milan, IL. Does anyone have it ? If you do, can you e-mail it to me.

Thanks a mil. Ron

Hi Chuck, You started facing uprange with your hands relaxed at your sides. At the beep, you pushed down a pepper popper. This popper activated 3 swinging metric targets which disappeared behind metal metric no shoots on each pass. If I remember right, the distance was 11 yards and the targets were not set the same so they did not swing in the same direction. I hope you can make a mental picture of this. Hey I found my score book. This stage was stage 9 at the 3rd Annual Single Stack Classic 1997 shot at the Milan Rifle Club in Milan,IL. Rob Leatham won the stage with a time of 8.63 and he had 54 points out of 60.

Edited by Ron Buchnat

Looks like a fun stage, hard to believe it would have ever been a classifier due to the issue of consistency in swinger design, speed and timing of activation nationwide.

Edited by Scott R

Looks like a fun stage, hard to believe it would have ever been a classifier due to the issue of consistency in swinger design, speed and timing of activation nationwide.

Hi Scott, I could have been mistaken about it being a classifier. I shot it at the Single Stack Classic back in 1997 before USPSA took over the match.

Hi Scott, I could have been mistaken about it being a classifier. I shot it at the Single Stack Classic back in 1997 before USPSA took over the match.

Wow! that stage has been around a long time! It sure is a fun one.

Wow! that stage has been around a long time! It sure is a fun one.

Hey Slip Knot, I don't think you were around when this stage was created at least not from the picture I'm looking at. By the way, did you catch any fish ? I don't know if you can shoot fast enough to miss & still win, but I do know you can shoot very fast and miss and still look "COOL"

Those photos are of me shooting it at Pine Tree and yes, it is a very fun and challenging stage. I got to see Matt Cheely shoot it before he RO'd me and you couldn't even tell there were swingers as fast as he shot it.

Dale