Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 short colt powder POLL

Spray_N_Prey

VV 310 for me, meters great, low charge weight, and it is the most accurate of the bunch in my guns.......

I know....hard to find, too pricy, etc......When I see it I buy some, and instead of buying a bunch of crap all the time I save my money for the important stuff...to me anyway...... :cheers:

DougC

Well right now i load for 9,40, and 45 (for autos) and use tightgroup throughout. I wonder if I should just stick to what i have. less complicated.

DVC,

Shawn

Next time you go to Tontitown for a match get with Rick (Pretty Shirt) Miller and ask him about his 38 SC loads. He uses Titegroup and it shoots nice out of his 327. later rdd

Doesn't tightgroup have a very high nitro content-- when I tried some in my auto's the barrel would get very hot compared to N320 or solo 1000 which is single base and right at the same burn rate. Tightgroup felt the most harsh but some like it, cheap, easy to find. Agree with Doug on N310 just gotta watch what you are doing.

Doesn't tightgroup have a very high nitro content-- when I tried some in my auto's the barrel would get very hot compared to N320 or solo 1000 which is single base and right at the same burn rate. Tightgroup felt the most harsh but some like it, cheap, easy to find. Agree with Doug on N310 just gotta watch what you are doing.

That was my experiance with Titegroup also.It seemed to get stuff really hot and didn't seem very lead friendly either.I had good luck with it in 9mm for my autos,but didn' much care for it in 38 Special. I figured it'd get my cylinder to hot to handle on a longer COF.I'll maybe try some again after I burn down my WST supply.-Mike