Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1 Super 90 Lube/Maint. Question

blackstone

I picked up a used HK marked M1 Super 90 that has a few miles on it.

I would appreciate any maintenance and lubrication tips.

Any advice re cleaning tips and lubrication advice?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by blackstone

The following few controls are recommended:

1) normal cleaning of the barrel after use;

2) the firing mechanism, consisting of hammer, trigger, etc., may

become clogged with any powder residuals (or foreign matters).

Remove this by periodical cleaning or lubrication;

3) the bolt assembly may also become clogged with the same material

and must be periodically dismantled, cleaned and lubricated;

4) to keep the gun in good order, oiling of the parts subject to

atmospheric corrosion is recommended.

NB: all barrels are internally chromium plated.

Thats about all they say.

Well I thought someone would have helped you out by now so I see I will have to be the one. Lub the inertia spring, the tail of the bolt. Use some good gun grease on the cam pin and it's camming surface on the bolt carrier. Use a good gun grease on the back of the locking lugs...but not too much! Lube the hell out of the bolt rails in the frame and on the bolt it'sself. A drop of oil every once in awhile on the ejector. Oil the sides of the shell lifter and the carrier dog, spring and guide pin. Keep the locking lug recesses real clean. KurtM

Well I thought someone would have helped you out by now so I see I will have to be the one. Lub the inertia spring, the tail of the bolt. Use some good gun grease on the cam pin and it's camming surface on the bolt carrier. Use a good gun grease on the back of the locking lugs...but not too much! Lube the hell out of the bolt rails in the frame and on the bolt it'sself. A drop of oil every once in awhile on the ejector. Oil the sides of the shell lifter and the carrier dog, spring and guide pin. Keep the locking lug recesses real clean. KurtM

Good info on the lube details, Kurt: thanks for sharing. How light or heavy a grease would you recommend? Would the standard weight Slide Glide work well...or would a moly-based gun grease or TW25 be better in this application. The nice thing about Slide Glide is that it tends to stick better to parts compared to some of the other greases.

Curtis

Slide Glide is goood! I use Molly Paste (cause I bought a bunch, before I knew about Slide Glide), but Slide Glide would be top notch stuff for these areas! KurtM

Thanks for the confirmation. Pefect timing: I was planning a teardown/cleaning of my M1 Super 90 this weekend. :cheers:

Curtis

Slide Glide is goood! I use Molly Paste (cause I bought a bunch, before I knew about Slide Glide), but Slide Glide would be top notch stuff for these areas! KurtM

Thanks for the confirmation. Pefect timing: I was planning a teardown/cleaning of my M1 Super 90 this weekend. :cheers:

Curtis

What he said....Kurt has me motivated to master the weak hand reload. I seem to have dirtied up my Benneli a little....

• 15 years later...