Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Riding For 5 Days

BigDave

I just returned from one of my "hard" road rides. Trouble is, I haven't had one in over 5 days and on a few of the local hills (Lance Armstrong and Tyler Hamiliton would die from laughter when I say 'hill'), my legs just about folded. I hate that.

On a side note, ole Mom Nature decided it would be in our best interests here in Indy to recieve 7.5+ inches of rain, on Monday!!! Thanks Mom, you're the greatest. Now send us a mini-drought so I can ride the local single track, will ya?

Rain shouldn't stop you from riding. I remember one year, I rode 25 out of 31 days in January. There was only 4 days when it didn't rain. That was on the road. Most mountain bike trails that are widely used can tolerate being ridden in the rain, just don't skid or go off the trail. It's actually a lot of fun riding single tracks in the rain.

Cyclocross season is just about to start. Those races are best when there's really bad weather conditions, rain and snow. It's also a good test of your bike to see if it will still work when clogged with mud.

Well, the locals forbid us to ride wet singletrack. Also, with the amount of rain we recieved, it likely wouldn't have been the safest venture (at least 2 people I know of drowned due to flash floods).

I'm still learning, I'll be more hardcore next time, and I'll quit bjtching. You guys are a tough crowd!!! Or, I'm just a wuss. (likely the latter)

Well, the locals forbid us to ride wet singletrack. Also, with the amount of rain we recieved, it likely wouldn't have been the safest venture (at least 2 people I know of drowned due to flash floods).

I'm still learning, I'll be more hardcore next time, and I'll quit bjtching. You guys are a tough crowd!!! Or, I'm just a wuss. (likely the latter)

Dave,

Note that I didn't give you any static...I knew you had a good reason for being so wimpy. :D:P:D