Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Handgun Championship May 2,3, 2009

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

home from one of my favorite matches of the year. Yeah, it rained, but hell, we all had to shoot in it, and it wasn't nasty muddy like the last 2 years' nationals except for one stage, and the mud wasn't a factor in anything other than the taping.

Match staff are to be commended for toughing it out in those conditions just to let us come out and play.

As long as ya'll keep holding the match, I'll be there!

Wow, great match! Good stages, beautiful range, and some of the best match staff I've ever shot around. Courteous, professional, hard working, and friendly across the board. I was very impressed. Big thanks to Tom, David, Joy, David, Ron, and all the rest who worked so hard to put this match on. Somebody said it rained a little bit on Saturday but whatever.

I too enjoyed the match, weather and all.

I can think of days when I pleaded with the good lord for just a drop. Those prayers were answered Saturday. :roflol:

Got 2 matches under my belt now!

Thanks to all that made it happen. :cheers:

Had a blast - thanks to all at CASA for a great match. Not much you can do about the weather, and I heard not one complaint from the staff about it. In fact, their attitudes spilled over to the shooters, and it personally made a difference for me. We had a great squad (even though it suffered a little attrition - I'm looking at you, Rhonda), and it was great to have so many Limited shooters on the same squad.

Thank you ROs. You were downright inspirational.

Thanks to all who made this weekend possible.

jr

Edited by jimbob_texas

This match was not on my original schedule. I had planned on shooting a local match on Sunday in Texas, but stuff occurs in life and I wound up in Arkansas. I had a great time albeit a wet one, how ever we shoot at home just as long as the range is safe (Snow, Rain, Wind etc.) so shooting in the rain isn't a new thing (Tulsa anyone?).

The staff was OUTSTANDING! These people stood out there with smiles on their faces and kept a sense ofhumor that made the match more than just bearable, they made it a fun time. The stages were very well thought out and would have been challenging if the weather was a balmy 70 degrees and sunny let alone heavy rain and wind.

The squad I shot on was an outstanding group. I truly hope to get the oppurtunity to not only return to Arkansas to shoot again, but also to shoot with my new friends again.

What did I learn at this match? I am going to find a rain-suit I can shoot in, there has to be something on the order of 5.11 pants that are goretex. Wool Socks Rule! Warm feet make almost anything else bearable. Bring more ammo.

To everyone up at CASA Great Job. Thank you very much for all the hard work!

Jim

The squad I shot on was an outstanding group. I truly hope to get the oppurtunity to not only return to Arkansas to shoot again, but also to shoot with my new friends again.

I might point out that Jim was squadded with us - the North Texas bunch. I warned him up front, but I think we might've still corrupted him a little. It's great that we all enjoy a sport where we get to meet new folks, then ruin them. :roflol: He was a great sport and a great shooter, and we all enjoyed getting to meet him.

Welcome to Texas, Jim!

jr

and it wasn't nasty muddy like the last 2 years' nationals except for one stage, and the mud wasn't a factor in anything other than the taping.

We must have been in a different match, cause the one I was at was pretty damn muddy. :surprise: - you must have been one of those guys with cleats, LOL

It was a GREAT match, the match staff was fantastic but the weather blew. Nice to get to meet all of you. IPSCRON I bought you a beer, but you weren't there so I had to drink it for you :cheers:

IPSCRON I bought you a beer, but you weren't there so I had to drink it for you :cheers:

Now you owe me 2 beers. :D:cheers:

I sure wish I had time to talk with each of you, but as most of you know who work a match, there just isn't much time to do anything but your RO job. I think if CASA tried to set up a Match Hotel and then set up a "meet and greet" one evening for a couple of hours, that would be better.

I'm going to try to go to the MS Classic match.

Ron

This was my first USPSA match. Yes, the weather sucked, but I had a great time. The range staff was awesome. This made my third big match of any kind, so my experience is kind of limited, but these guys and gals were the nicest staff that I've seen at a match. We had a great group of guys on our squad even though we did lose a few due to the rain. I hope I can make it back next year.

West C.

A64425

This was my first USPSA match. Yes, the weather sucked, but I had a great time. The range staff was awesome. This made my third big match of any kind, so my experience is kind of limited, but these guys and gals were the nicest staff that I've seen at a match. We had a great group of guys on our squad even though we did lose a few due to the rain. I hope I can make it back next year.

West C.

A64425

Come on over to Jackson, MS May 16-17 for the MS Classic. I think we can match Arkansas hospitality :cheers:

West C.

A64425

Come on over to Jackson, MS May 16-17 for the MS Classic. I think we can match Arkansas hospitality :cheers:

Kyle O and I will be there. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hopefully I learned a thing or two from all the mistakes I made in Arkansas... :D

Bwana,

You were on my first ever squad, at the gator classic.

I don't know if you remember me, but I was the slow production guy with the confused look on my face.

Looking forward to MS Classic now.

I don't know if you remember me, but I was the slow production guy with the confused look on my face.

And how was that any different than any other day!!!!!!!! :roflol:

Hey Pat, I was expecting to see you at the match... Where were you? Staying dry? :rolleyes:

Ron

Hey Pat, I was expecting to see you at the match... Where were you? Staying dry? :rolleyes:

Ron

I wanted to be there but I had already committed to shoot the Special Olympics Benefit Match in Pine Bluff. That match just supports a great cause and the match raised over $2000.00 for the Special Olympics.

We got very luck down south. The rain did not start till after the last shot was fired.

I will be at the hillbilly for sure.

I like setting up myself for this type of thing :rolleyes:

Bwana,

Kyle, at my age my memory is about as long as my, well you know what I mean. I won't say I remember your face, but if I am not mistaken, weren't you the one who got three re-shoots on the moving target stage because it kept jumping the tracks? If so, not to worry, our only moving targets are swingers, clamshells and everyone's favorite, the Texas Star. :roflol:

I will be on Stage 4, be sure and say hello.

PAT

Bwana,

Kyle, at my age my memory is about as long as my, well you know what I mean. I won't say I remember your face, but if I am not mistaken, weren't you the one who got three re-shoots on the moving target stage because it kept jumping the tracks? If so, not to worry, our only moving targets are swingers, clamshells and everyone's favorite, the Texas Star. :roflol:

I will be on Stage 4, be sure and say hello.

PAT

Your memory serves you well! That was the stage that John was working no less! :roflol:

Really looking forward to it :cheers:

I wanted to be there but I had already committed to shoot the Special Olympics Benefit Match in Pine Bluff. That match just supports a great cause and the match raised over $2000.00 for the Special Olympics.

We got very luck down south. The rain did not start till after the last shot was fired.

I will be at the hillbilly for sure.

PHolstead,

What type of match is it and when do they hold it? Thats a match I'd like to shoot or if i can't make it just support the cause. PM some info when you have the time.

Thread Hijack Mode Off

Jumping on Doug's hijack bus...I was thinking the same thing when I read it. Never heard of a match to benefit the Special Olympics but I'd like to know more. Please post info here or in a new thread. Range, MD, format, etc.

Jumping on Doug's hijack bus...I was thinking the same thing when I read it. Never heard of a match to benefit the Special Olympics but I'd like to know more. Please post info here or in a new thread. Range, MD, format, etc.

It was hosted at the Pine Bluff Gun Club in Pine Bluff Arkansas. http://www.pbgunclub.org

There were 8 stages with IDPA format and scoring. It is a great shoot and as said before an even greater cause. This was their 4 year to host the match and they had 54 shooters show up. The food was donated by Tyson Foods and you had way more than you could eat. There was not much of a prize but that is for the benefit of the Special Olympics.... There were two guns though... One was a 22 rifle and the other a pistol but can remember the make and model.

One of the coolest things of this match were the awards. Other than the Over All winner and division winners 1st, 2nd and 3rd received Special Olympics Gold, Silver and Bronze medals....... I like the plaque I got but I think one of the medals would have been cooler....

It was a great time by all and while we had fun shooting we helped some great kids!