Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting my 627 in Production

dwarren9

Can I use Big butts ,JM grips with my gun

Funny thing, I was wondering the same thing, replaceing grips on a revo in production. The rules are bottom feeder oriented. I sent a e-mail to NROI, haven't heard back yet.

That's a really interesting question. My buddy shot his eight rounder today in Production and I bet none of us (RO's) thought about where his ammo was on the belt or how high the gun was in the holster.

Regards,

Dave Warren (Hmmm, very similar names)

Sad to say, the 627 revolver will not fit in the "box" as the cylinder is too big. Look at the specs on the box inside the USPSA rulebook as the measurements of the box are width, length, AND height. The grips may make it but the cylinder is too big.....I would think that any industry production revolver would work but I am not the one making the rules.

Bill Sahlberg

Sad to say, the 627 revolver will not fit in the "box" as the cylinder is too big. Look at the specs on the box inside the USPSA rulebook as the measurements of the box are width, length, AND height. The grips may make it but the cylinder is too big.....I would think that any industry production revolver would work but I am not the one making the rules.

OK, everybody listen up:

In USPSA Production Division, revolvers are exempt from the size requirement--it does not need to fit in the box! Also, revolver speedloaders and moonclips are exempt from the usual belt position rule--you can wear them up front.

(See USPSA Handgun Rules, Jan. 2008 Edition, Appendix D4.)

Edited by Carmoney

OK, everybody listen up:

In USPSA Production Division, revolvers are exempt from the size requirement--it does not need to fit in the box! Also, revolver speedloaders and moonclips are exempt from the usual belt position rule--you can wear them up front.

(See USPSA Handgun Rules, Jan. 2008 Edition, Appendix D4.)

That's correct but doesn't clear up the grip isssue dealt with in D4,22 and E4.

I was the only one shooting a wheel gun ,so i shoot production and had a BLAST .I will be doing it more .I just don't want to have a BIG advanage over the bottom feeders. Trying to get a little extra trigger time for the Southern Regionals.

As an RO, my interpretation is that the "big-butt" grips would NOT be a legal replacement for production division, as they are not the same contour as those from the factory (as mentioned, covered in App. D4/ sec. 22).

As a revolver guy, I certainly wouldn't call you on it at a club level match, and I don't know too many ROs that would, especially if you had the class to shoot your gun against them new-fangled bottom-feedin' thingies.

At a level 2 or above, I would expect to see you bumped to (ugh) OPEN, as the grip contour was changed.

Glad you had fun, I beat up on a bunch of semi-auto guys this weekend at my club (non-uspsa steel target match) with my 625, and I flubbed up a bit. Guess my stealthy looks kept them down. Or maybe it was the cold :ph34r::roflol: