Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bullet pricing

speed

Is everyone stockpiling? - NOT ME! I think the bullet makers are just trying to ride the postobama stockup wave. And I suspect unlike say Glock pistols and AR15's, bullet makers yr-over-yr numbers are flat at best.

BB

Yup, ZERO stockpiling going on these days and it must be a conspiracy of the reloading component industry! :wacko::ph34r:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider the buying I am doing as stockpiling as much as getting ready for the shooting season. I would rather start reloading now while the weather is still too bad to go out and shoot as to wait until after the spring thaw and not have anything loaded.

Ya'll keep up the boycott as it lessens my backorder times.

I don't consider the buying I am doing as stockpiling as much as getting ready for the shooting season. I would rather start reloading now while the weather is still too bad to go out and shoot as to wait until after the spring thaw and not have anything loaded.

Ya'll keep up the boycott as it lessens my backorder times.

Looks like nobody is gonna buy much until they lower prices. Prices are totally WAY out of control. Prices should be close to half of what they currently are.

If the bullet are making so much money then please jump in and start making them yourself. Only then will you realize what it takes and its so much more than just the cost of the raw materials. Out of that gun you shoot what do you think the actual cost of raw material is? How about the car you drive?

When you do decide to go into the business and sell your product for half what they are now please consider my offer to buy all your production.

Lead was around .25 a lb back when we enjoyed pretty cheap prices on Jacketed bullets. It is now about .50 a lb. Still double. Copper is still about 30% over what it was at its lowest. You also have to consider all of the bullet makers other costs have gone up since back then also. Possibly not much different than the actual latest decrease in raw materials. They are only a portion of the cost. when lead and copper went to 5 times previous prices you didnt see a 5 fold increase in price. Its not as bad as you all are portraying.

I don't care what anybody says they are ripping us off, and I don't plan on buying any bullets until they come down, unless I have to. I am fully stocked up and have enough for a while. Look at the charts of the comodities prices in the previous posts and that will give you a true prices of lead and copper are. If the bullet companies are paying more for their lead and copper, than maybe they should rethink who they buy from.

I don't care what anybody says they are ripping us off, and I don't plan on buying any bullets until they come down, unless I have to. I am fully stocked up and have enough for a while. Look at the charts of the comodities prices in the previous posts and that will give you a true prices of lead and copper are. If the bullet companies are paying more for their lead and copper, than maybe they should rethink who they buy from.

Hang in there paper killer I think relief is on its way. From what I hear there are people looking into starting something up soon. Hey maybe it will be a fellow shooter who understands our unique demand on the amount of shooting that we do. Its not like we shoot 1k rounds a year. Come spring time I shoot 1k a week, and I'm sure I'm not alone. So just hold on we will get past this. We all want our shooting sport to live on. I'm optimistic that somebody will get behind it. Hey maybe there will be an additional break for members of NRA and members of our other shooting sports. This is the kind of attitude we need in our shooting sports...keep it alive! lately many shooters are comming up with very interesting solutions. Hang in there shooters!

Edited by speed