Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO1 Class -Waco Texas

Paul Burtchell

Today was an eye opener. Day one of a 2 day RO1 class. I can't believe how much I did(and still) do not know, or how much of what I thought I knew was not entirely correct. Ray Hirst puts on a great class and I can't wait to get back to class tomorrow and actually do some shooting and RO'ing.

I know this class is going to help make me a better competitor as well.

Edited by baerburtchell

Funny thing is when your done you still don't know enough... it's a constant learning process. I learned a lot in Jay's class, but I learned more apllication here debating rules with all of you people.

Edited by JThompson

Funny thing is when your done you still don't know enough... it's a constant learning process. I learned a lot in Jay's class, but I learned more apllication here debating rules with all of you people.

Better be careful, I just got done with my RO class and I heard from the instructor that these forums were populated with a bunch a whiny range lawyers who couldn't understand the rulebook if it had pictures :ph34r:

My lip took a pretty good chewing but I managed to keep my trap shut :cheers:

Better be careful, I just got done with my RO class and I heard from the instructor that these forums were populated with a bunch a whiny range lawyers who couldn't understand the rulebook if it had pictures :ph34r:

:lol:

I retook the class a few years ago, and the instructor gave the URL to Brian's forums as a place with lots of information.

:lol:

I retook the class a few years ago, and the instructor gave the URL to Brian's forums as a place with lots of information.

Same here.

...that's sorta funny, since most of the whiny range lawyers he's talking about probably ARE certified ROs :devil:

Curtis

Just sent my test to Ray yesterday. This class was definitely an eye opener for me. I haven't been shooting that long, but after taking this class I've realized that there were rules ignored (not intentionally) or incidents ruled incorrectly (again not intentionally). The class pace, presentation, and instructor couldn't have been better!

Just sent my test to Ray yesterday. This class was definitely an eye opener for me. I haven't been shooting that long, but after taking this class I've realized that there were rules ignored (not intentionally) or incidents ruled incorrectly (again not intentionally). The class pace, presentation, and instructor couldn't have been better!

Hi Diana. I met you at the class, but did not realize you are "Gamingoddess". I was the "shooter" in the classroom who had to act like he had a bad attitude and gave poor Jakob a such bad time.

It was a great class and I agree, Ray Hirst did a fantastic job.

Paul

Edited by baerburtchell

Hi Diana. I met you at the class, but did not realize you are "Gamingoddess". I was the "shooter" in the classroom who had to act like he had a bad attitude and gave poor Jakob a such bad time.

It was a great class and I agree, Ray Hirst did a fantastic job.

Paul

If I was in the Jakob's shoes I would have been completely flustered! No question Paul, that was an Oscar-winning performance! Remind me never to RO you if you were having a "bad" day hehehe (I would have probably kicked your shins in retaliation and been kicked out the range myself!).

I too was in the class in Waco. I learned A LOT and still don't understand the wording of all the rules. :wacko:

I hope the RO certification will help me become a better competitor as well as give me some opportunities that I would not have had before.

I was in the class also. I enjoyed it quite a lot. Hopefully I learned some stuff & learned it correctly.

I was a little hesitant to take one of these classes as my brother took one in Florida & his instructor (NOT RAY) was such an aggravating, annoying person, my brother never finished the test or paperwork. I will tell my brother that all the instructors aren't like that! It doesn't have to be that way. I believe Ray did an excellent job with the class. I take classes all the time taught by a bunch of so-called professional instructors that get paid to teach that don't do as good a job as he did. Of course maybe I was more interested in the course content in this class.

Now I just get to wait to find out if I passed the r.o. test. I wonder how long that will take?

MLM

Gary,

Your name was NOT the name he mentioned. I will have to say it wasn't all the instructor's fault. My brother can be a tiny bit stubborn. hahahaha. I still didn't want to take the class by that guy, though. My brother is my brother & well, what can you say? His opinion ranks a little higher than non-family members. ;)

MLM

Wow, glad I didn't teach that class in Florida. :surprise: