Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Level I / Club Level 3 - Gun or Rifle in VA, MD, PA, WV

After shooting my AR and falling in love with it, my daughter got a new AR for Christmas and now she wants Dad to take her to some matches this summer.

I am looking in VA, MD, PA and WV but I am having trouble finding Club Level matches where she can cut her teeth.

Thanks,

After shooting my AR and falling in love with it, my daughter got a new AR for Christmas and now she wants Dad to take her to some matches this summer.

I am looking in VA, MD, PA and WV but I am having trouble finding Club Level matches where she can cut her teeth.

Thanks,

It's kind of early for the smaller matches to be scheduled. You might want to look on the USPSA site under the Area 8 for info.

Thanks,

Mike,

Watch Thurmont, York and Topton as they usually run either a rifle match or side match with rifle during the year.

McDonald Sportsmen out of Pittsburgh might also be a possibility.

Alan

Edited by Alan Meek

York is working their annual schedule this weekend. The PROPOSED pistol matches with side rifle matches are 9 Apr and 9 Aug. Then there is a possible 3 man 3 gun team match 11 Oct.

Nothing's in stone as of now, but the RM out there has been at it for years and this is more than likely going to stand. Keep an eye on the area 8 section throught the USPSA site. Everyone in the section is working their new schedules now. I would suspect they will start posting their stuff between now and the end of the month. Shooting for many clubs starts in March in the Area 8 section. Something about it being too cold before then... :rolleyes: I think it's really about football games on TV :P .

Topton runs a good rifle match. Old Bridge (in NJ) has a 3-Gun match every year (usually in the fall). I would check the USPSA's Club Finder for clubs in Area 8 and look at each club's match calendar. I wouldn't be surprised if USANA (in NJ) a/k/a/ HarborSite USANA starts holding rifle and/or 3-Gun matches.

Edited by davidwiz