HK

radi_33125

Auss

I am running the following now

USP Expert 40

Front Fiber

Jet Funnel with 16 Round mags

CR Speed Holder

Love the gun, crazy accurate, but I can smoke it on splits with my P30 (albeit 9mm). I am convinced the more I shoot it that the recoil sping set up is the problem. On the HKPro forums there was a thread where one of the guys moded his recoil spring. He had to adjust the secondary retaining lug a little further back or the pistol short cycled. But he now claim he has an extremely flat shooting gun.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124945&page=7

Looks like a conversion project that a tool shop could do pretty quick. I think it would make these guns so much more competitive. I have also been looking to swap the mag release with the mag release from the HK45c, its wider and longer.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW .... I recently shot an indoor IDPA match w/ my V1 USP40c.... had a low light stage back stepping strong arm only engaging a drop turner ..... a well done dramatic stage.... @ buzzer I grab gun and push it out and hit the de-cock lever enough the gun does Not shoot ..... time seemed to stop, hammer then drops after more pressure.... as I continued to retreat I did get one perfect center hit on the target before it turned ..... Now, I have had this hk since 2002 and Knew this could happen and THOUGHT i COULD CONTROL IT .... I guess this is why HK makes several different variations ...... Anyway I used it as a excuse to sell the gun rather than get a different set of internal parts. I will keep my V1 Competition USP playgun.... that scenario really opened my eyes to get your operating system squared perfectly so muscle memory (or maybe in my case involentary reflex ???)carries you on to the next day . I must admit to shooting custom 1911's, sigS AND xd'S ..... Two handed no problem with any of them .....

H

Yeah everybody seems to hit that decocker down and mess up at some point during a stage, never in practice.. go figure, you are right with getting you kit squared away.

I switch my USP 40 full sized to right side decocker only. This way there is nothing on my left side of the gun to mess me up. I might look at this for my Expert. It seems the expert take more of a swing of the control arm to decock, but like you said, it will hapen during the worse time.

I won a P30L in 9mm last year. That pistol is a joy to shoot w/ the light LEM. The trigger is still not great and the reset is a little long, but the frame was made to fit the human hand. I just need to shoot some matches with it now.

The detent plate is a 15$ part and you sold the gun because you screwed up? :) The gun did exactly what it is designed to do ....

FWIW, one of the first things I do is switch the detent plate so the gun behaves like a 1911.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Auss

I am running the following now

USP Expert 40

Front Fiber

Jet Funnel with 16 Round mags

CR Speed Holder

Love the gun, crazy accurate, but I can smoke it on splits with my P30 (albeit 9mm). I am convinced the more I shoot it that the recoil sping set up is the problem. On the HKPro forums there was a thread where one of the guys moded his recoil spring. He had to adjust the secondary retaining lug a little further back or the pistol short cycled. But he now claim he has an extremely flat shooting gun.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124945&page=7

Looks like a conversion project that a tool shop could do pretty quick. I think it would make these guns so much more competitive. I have also been looking to swap the mag release with the mag release from the HK45c, its wider and longer.

Where did you find an f.o. front sight to fit the Expert?

• 8 months later...

Update and a question for this thread .....

I agree that my uspc acted exactly as designed and my input was at fault. I actually still have this gun as the sale fell thru ..... Where are these V9 detent plate available? and will the same plate fit a KH date coded usp? Or am I stuck on the old model? I also have a newer competition that sits in V1 that I would like to change to a safety lever v9

Thanks

HH

Update and a question for this thread .....

I agree that my uspc acted exactly as designed and my input was at fault. I actually still have this gun as the sale fell thru ..... Where are these V9 detent plate available? and will the same plate fit a KH date coded usp? Or am I stuck on the old model? I also have a newer competition that sits in V1 that I would like to change to a safety lever v9

Thanks

HH

You can order the variant plates directly from HK, or you can try an outfit like hkparts - variant 9

The installation is super easy. Remove your slide, push the pin that holds the plate in enough so the plate will slide out. Insert the new one. Be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently running a P30LS V3 9mm as my primary range, class and competition (SSP) pistol. It has a light FPBS & clipped 12lb hammer/main spring, giving it an 8.2 lb DA pull and a 4.0 lb SA pull. I get roughly 1% light strikes/missfires with CCI primers when running various shorter & lighter Wolff main springs that yield DA pulls between 7.0 & 8.0 lbs (SA 3.5 - 3.9). The factory Wolff 10 lb spring yields a 7.75 lb DA pull in my pistol.

Bone stock HK45C & P2000SK round out the HD and carry duties.

So far I have been using a stock HK45 in ESP for IDPA matchs and, the same gun in Limited 10 for USPSA matchs. Its a lot of fun to shoot, havent accidently decocked it getting it out of the holster yet but spent a lot of time practicing my draw. It will probably still happen at some point. Biggest thing I wish I could find would be some kind of funnel for the magwell and a way to swap out the sites for fibre front. All and all still a real fun gun to shoot at matchs, even if I do get funny looks shooting .45 in ESP.

So far I have been using a stock HK45 in ESP for IDPA matchs and, the same gun in Limited 10 for USPSA matchs. Its a lot of fun to shoot, havent accidently decocked it getting it out of the holster yet but spent a lot of time practicing my draw. It will probably still happen at some point. Biggest thing I wish I could find would be some kind of funnel for the magwell and a way to swap out the sites for fibre front. All and all still a real fun gun to shoot at matchs, even if I do get funny looks shooting .45 in ESP.

You know you can run the HK45 in CDP, right? It is a single stack 1911 style gun. You'll just have to download to 8....

Check out Dawson Precision for sights. I think they might have some f/o's.