Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New guy here...

TFin04

Hey guys, I was turned on to your website from Jake Di Vita recently. I work at a range in Michigan with him.

I like the amount of info here, especially the reloading section. I don't do a lot of competition shooting, but I take a lot of defensive shooting classes each year. Carrying my gun and effectively fighting with it is my main priority, but competitions give me a good place to hone those skills. The competitions I do shoot in are the MI3Gun matches in Brighton, and the American Confederation of Tactical Shooters in Battle Creek. I may do things a bit differently than a true competition shooter might, but so far you guys have been understanding and let me do my thing. :cheers:

Anywho, figured I'd pop in and see if I can learn a thing or two. Everybody has something to offer, just gotta find it. :)

Carrying my gun and effectively fighting with it is my main priority, but competitions give me a good place to hone those skills.

Well, this already puts you WAY ahead of a lot of folks who "know" they have nothing to learn from USPSA Masters and Grand Master, and IDPA Masters. Unlike them, you haven't shut yourself off from that huge resource.

Welcome to the Benosverse! :D

Carrying my gun and effectively fighting with it is my main priority, but competitions give me a good place to hone those skills.

Well, this already puts you WAY ahead of a lot of folks who "know" they have nothing to learn from USPSA Masters and Grand Master, and IDPA Masters. Unlike them, you haven't shut yourself off from that huge resource.

Make no mistake, I still think some of the stuff you guys do is silly. :D But I understand it is about the sport at that point and not a defensive shooting.

Two completely different worlds, and each have styles and ideas that work for them. Can't discredit that. If I can learn some shooting techniques and get some trigger time in, I'm happy. Looking forward to picking up a few things. The reloading section alone here is awesome.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Hey guys, I was turned on to your website from Jake Di Vita recently. I work at a range in Michigan with him.

Jake works?...I though he just did endless El Prez's :roflol:

If you call building a few USPSA stages working, then yeah. :)

Jake works?...I though he just did endless El Prez's :roflol:

If you call building a few USPSA stages working, then yeah. :)

That's like calling an appetizer "dinner" :roflol::cheers: