Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

loading the .40 with lead bullet

philproulx

180 LRN 3.5 T.G. @1.135

I am curious as to the spring setup on your gun Darrel... I recently tried some loads at 3.6grn Titegroup which were nicely accurate, but had some function problems with a 16lb spring supplied by Springer Precision. I have just loaded up some with 4.0grns to see if they will work better and maybe even use the stock recoil spring. What are YOU using?

Oh... I should add I was using some Rainier 180grn FP's I had laying around and at 1.130 OAL... They were "nose diving" occasionally. Perhaps I should have gone to the 1.135 instead.

Edited by Justsomeguy

180 LRN 3.5 T.G. @1.135

I am curious as to the spring setup on your gun Darrel... I recently tried some loads at 3.6grn Titegroup which were nicely accurate, but had some function problems with a 16lb spring supplied by Springer Precision. I have just loaded up some with 4.0grns to see if they will work better and maybe even use the stock recoil spring. What are YOU using?

Oh... I should add I was using some Rainier 180grn FP's I had laying around and at 1.130 OAL... They were "nose diving" occasionally. Perhaps I should have gone to the 1.135 instead.

This load is a MINOR power factor loading. I am shooting a 175 LEE LTC with 3.5 TG and getting a 134 PF out of it. If you are shooting minor it is a sweet load.