Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 New Zealand article posted

sinnsyk

that looks like it was a bunch of fun...... the one shooting from a pole was kind of crazy :)

It does look like fun. I wanna go shoot some international matches. I've seen a pole stage before....I think there was a similar stage at the first double tap if memory serves right....Might have been a Nor Texas championship. So now there's proof that Henning has done a pole dance! :devil: Or is that a variation on bikram's eagle pose? :goof:

We shot a pole stage at the 2005 North Texas Sectionals. We also shot one in the '95 Europeans if I remember right and there's been a few here and there on occasion. At the '93 World Shoot in Bisley there was one where you pretended to be a worker from the phone company and I sort of remember being secured to the pole.

but pole dancing.. no ;-)

some very cool stages in there dude, nice work on the win. I've never seen a pole stage before, that's locked into the next match I setup, same for the flip the table over stage.

one question, and this shows my ignorance of the rules and my laziness to look it up before I hit the hay after a tortures night shift, I thought a person couldn't have an all steel stage?

I'm not sure what the rules are currently on steel, but there has been many examples of all-steel stages both in USPSA and IPSC in the past. You cannot make a steel stage virginia count I believe, but other than that I don't think anything's wrong with it. This match had IPSC sanctioning so somebody approved it and I know they had to make some changes from their original designs. But they managed to put in a lot of movement and make the short courses interesting.

Flipping over table,..opening doors,..all cool stuff. We had a stage at my club match were we knocked an airsoft USP (attached to a stick, propped up in the sand),..which was on a chair,..then engaged t1-t3,...(t3 was hidden behind a tree trunk),...very fast stage,....2+ second stage. I like stages like that,...VERY nice!! :ph34r:

I mean... I was very impressed with what Steven Welsh came up with for stage designs for this match. He did 17 out of 18 and it was the biggest match they've ever done in NZ. Normally it's a local clubs job and they came together with the association and put together something that was way beyond what I and Eddie expected. You know, just great country side with spectacular views, easy going / flexible people that was fun to hang out with. Everything low key so problems of any sort could be solved in a common sense manner. Just things you don't see in an overly organized match. Shooters come together to shoot, have a good time and they delivered. I thought about moving to New Zealand while I was there and who knows, I could be tempted to do it some day. I think everyone I've talked to who have visited are in awe of the beauty and it is a spectacular country well worth of a trip.

Bring your buddy, friend, wife, girlfriend and go if you have a chance. And there are plenty of people within this sport to help you make your trip figured out. IPSC = Friends across the world.