Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Mark Pro Trigger

Singlestack

Anybody have any experience adjusting the X-Mark trigger? Mine is breaking at about 5 or 6 lbs. I'd like to get it down to ~2lbs.

I tried to adjust mine (Remington 700 LTR 20" X Mark) but wound up rounding off the upper allen screw in the front of the trigger. I looked at the Timneys but they told me on the phone that they weren't set up for the newer model triggers. Remington made a change and didn't let the aftermarket guys know about it. I then called RifleBasix and he told me of the exact item # needed for my application. They sell by the trigger weight that you want. I really like mine. I ordered the 1.5 to 4 lb trigger. It takes a few minutes to figure it out and a few digital pics of your old setup will help out as well. Mine breaks at about 2lbs right out of the pack. This isn't exactly what you're asking for but good luck with the Remmy. I personally felt that the "adjustable trigger" was just a selling point after I bought my rifle.

Anybody have any experience adjusting the X-Mark trigger? Mine is breaking at about 5 or 6 lbs. I'd like to get it down to ~2lbs.

I tried to adjust mine (Remington 700 LTR 20" X Mark) but wound up rounding off the upper allen screw in the front of the trigger. I looked at the Timneys but they told me on the phone that they weren't set up for the newer model triggers. Remington made a change and didn't let the aftermarket guys know about it. I then called RifleBasix and he told me of the exact item # needed for my application. They sell by the trigger weight that you want. I really like mine. I ordered the 1.5 to 4 lb trigger. It takes a few minutes to figure it out and a few digital pics of your old setup will help out as well. Mine breaks at about 2lbs right out of the pack. This isn't exactly what you're asking for but good luck with the Remmy. I personally felt that the "adjustable trigger" was just a selling point after I bought my rifle.

From what I can tell the upper allen screw in the front of the trigger is the overtravel adjustment.

With Reid the old saying "steel ball and rubber hammer" comes to mind :roflol:

Keep a eye open as he is working on a rifle rack for a mountain bike I HEAR :ph34r:

John I have to ask, what the hell you going to do with a high power rifle? Shouldn't you start with a .22 or something????

Edited by DrawandDuck

John I have to ask, what the hell you going to do with a high power rifle? Shouldn't you start with a .22 or something????

I messed with .22's when I was 10 and about as tall as you are.

Would that be a .22 cal. ARROW....gunpowder wasn't around when you were 10!!!! :roflol:

Edited by DrawandDuck

Ouch!

Would that be a .22 cal. ARROW....gunpowder wasn't around when you were 10!!!! :roflol:

Nope, .22 short. Like you :roflol:

Ditch the stock trigger and get a Jewell. Then replace the barrel. Then replace the stock...............

With Reid the old saying "steel ball and rubber hammer" comes to mind :roflol:

Keep a eye open as he is working on a rifle rack for a mountain bike I HEAR :ph34r:

I was kinda thinking that it was closer to a ten thousand rpm grinder and ADHD.

As for the mountain biking experience I've gotta say that was that was by far the scariest and most dangerous thing I've done in awhile. I forgot to mention that the right lens to my glasses fell out during all of this.

From what I can tell the upper allen screw in the front of the trigger is the overtravel adjustment.

If you've got one you need adjusted just send it to me. I'll take care of it for you. No charge. :devil:

The X-Mark trigger kicks ass.

I agree. No creep and breaks crisp. Just too heavy.

I set it myself. But heck if I remember how I did it. :roflol:

Now that sucks. Pull it out and look at it! You might remember.

In all seriousness you need to be sure that you've got all of the factory loctite type material off of the set screws and then it's just tinkering with it till you get it right. The sear is visible so you'll always know how close you are to going past the safe limit with it. It's really not that complicated but I wouldn't expect to get down any lower that 2.5lbs without concern for slam fire or bolt drop. Just be sure to take your time with it. Good luck.

John, the general conscensus on the X mark is they suck ass. How far are you from Jefferson Georgia? You can make a run over there to Patriot Arms and Jered and crew can slap you one of the old style triggers set to a crisp 2 lbs in just a matter of minutes. Pretty cheap too!

John, the general conscensus on the X mark is they suck ass. How far are you from Jefferson Georgia? You can make a run over there to Patriot Arms and Jered and crew can slap you one of the old style triggers set to a crisp 2 lbs in just a matter of minutes. Pretty cheap too!

In the absence of finding an old style, which of the after market triggers would work best for a "tactical" set up ?

I didn't even think about Jared. I pass by Jefferson going up 85 frequently. Man oh man, the last time I went there I almost got dehydrated from drooling. Jared showed me his "upstairs" collection :surprise:

Before I do that I'm gonna get me a dental pick and remove all the crap Remington put in it and give the X Mark a try. If I can't get it like I want I'll go see Jared.

• 1 month later...

acetone and a soldering iron tip, used not too close together :) , will get that gummy stuff off of there. I believe it is Holland Gunsmithing that makes a spring kit to fix the x-mark's issues and brings them down to a crisp 2.5lbs ish...