Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is your favorite drill?

BayouSlide

What is your favorite drill?, Specifically, the one most significant to your improvement

I don't think having a "favorite" drill is a very good idea.

Strive to keep your practice routine as constantly varied as possible. So in essence, make sure your "routine" is not a routine at all.

What is your favorite drill?, Specifically, the one most significant to your improvement

I don't think having a "favorite" drill is a very good idea.

Strive to keep your practice routine as constantly varied as possible. So in essence, make sure your "routine" is not a routine at all.

Agreed...but I was encouraging people to share some drills they felt made a significant improvement in their performance—for those of us who need significant improvements in our performance—to add to our practice regimens. :cheers:

Jake, I saw you shoot at the Mississippi Classic a couple years back :bow:

Anything specific skill-builder you'd like to mention that no one else has covered?

Curtis

Edited by BayouSlide

Anything specific skill-builder you'd like to mention that no one else has covered?

I'm actually working on a program that is based on stressing the central nervous system before you shoot unsing the principles of coordination, accuracy, agility, and balance. If it works the way I think it will, the intensity will be at a high enough level to trigger better adaptation.

Since shooting is directly controlled by the central nervous system, I figure there are 2 ways we can stress the intensity. A - Stress the CNS before you shoot and B - Increase the area of acceptability while you shoot while still making you goal to shoot Alphas.

I'm actually working on a program that is based on stressing the central nervous system before you shoot unsing the principles of coordination, accuracy, agility, and balance. If it works the way I think it will, the intensity will be at a high enough level to trigger better adaptation.

There is only one boot camp to turn women into Marines -- Parris Island.

Very good thread, Curtis.

I wish I could say I really practice. I should dry fire every day, but just cannot bring myself to do it. I'll do ten reps or so and get bored and put it away for a month or so and then do it again.

I have just started using a .22 cal. top-end on one of my Single Stacks and I am seeing improvement after two sessions. I draw and shoot for an "A" at ten yards and when it is successful, the next draw I shoot for two. If that is successful too, I'll go for six"A" zones on the next draw. Every string is timed and my splits are checked, too.

This routine holds my interest and it gives me something (timer results) to check my progress. I saw where the Japanese shooters were practicing with Air-Soft all year and then coming here for a big match like the Steel Challenge. They would practice with a real pistol maybe six weeks and all of them shoot well. My thought is if it works with an Air-Soft, then surly it will work with a .22.

Buddy

Took me forever, but I finally became proficient shooting weakhand after several thousand rounds of shooting 22's.

Don't give up on dryfire, I dryfire 20-25 minutes every morning. I can't dryfire for hours like some guys, but these short sessions while listening to the radio and having a cup of coffee don't seem to bore me. The more you do it the more creative you'll get, also helping with the "watching paint dry" part of dryfire practice.