Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SEC RULES

Bwana Six-Gun

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, so good. Still 6 to go, though. The main game will be trying to secure the 3rd consecutive title for the SEC next week. Wouldn't it be nice to have a bowl record like the PAC-10's when it's all over. They sure took care of business.

Is the award for most bowl game wins or for bowl game win percentage? If it's percentage and USC wins, then there's no doubt about that award. If it's number of wins, that could be a different story.

SEC's 3-1 so far, but some very tough ones still ahead.

Edited by chemepharmd

it was the Big East vs Pac-10 in the Sun Bowl and the commentators said they were both 3-0 leading the conferences, but since OSU won, 4-0 Pac-10, 3-1 big East and 3-1 SEC.

With 4 games to go, the SEC could go 7-1, but that is very unlikely. If the number of wins claims it, even 6 wins would probably lock in the highest number. However, the PAC-10 appears to be headed toward a 5-0 (100%) bowl record. I don't think any conference is going to tie that percentage.

Rich is right.

The thing goes by winning percentage. So if the Pac-10 has one good team (USC) and 4 other moderately good teams and manage to winn all of them. Even though other conferences send more teams because they are stronger conferences (say big 12) it still doesn't matter if they go 7-1 and have more actuall wins.

I think it is best settled by percentage too though.

Go SEC !!!!

And I really hate saying this .......... GO FLORIDA :wacko:

Darn good USC game too !!!

They will be at least 3 in the polls (USC), and if Texas has trouble and Florida doesn't OBliterate OK they may even get to be 2nd !!!

Hop

Rich is right.

The thing goes by winning percentage. So if the Pac-10 has one good team (USC) and 4 other moderately good teams and manage to winn all of them. Even though other conferences send more teams because they are stronger conferences (say big 12) it still doesn't matter if they go 7-1 and have more actuall wins.

I think it is best settled by percentage too though.

Go SEC !!!!

And I really hate saying this .......... GO FLORIDA :wacko:

Darn good USC game too !!!

They will be at least 3 in the polls (USC), and if Texas has trouble and Florida doesn't OBliterate OK they may even get to be 2nd !!!

Hop

+1

Gotta pull for the conference.

Go Florida,

Go Ole Miss

Go Kentucky

Go Utah.

Okay, okay, ........ most of the conference.

Edited by 38superman

I have to apologize to all my SEC friends here for the performance of my Gamecocks...from now on known as the Shamecocks, until further notice. What a dispicable performance.

The commentators summed it up yesterday:

"Carolina's Offensive stats are so bad, we don't have enough screen (TV) to show them all."

"Carolina has an alarmingly mediocre football program...."

Again, I apologize on behalf of the University I attended for their terrible performance....

Edited by Jack Suber

Oh, one other thing....I think I might become a Commodore fan.....

Jack,

I know you are disappointed, but don't read too much into one game.

I've been a Auburn fan for 35 years.

I have to tell you that, before Spurrier, seeing the Gamecocks on our schedule did not strike fear in my heart.

Over the last several years things have changed.

South Carolina has become a better team since he arrived and has earned some respect around the league.

They are not a team to be taken lightly.

They were 7-3 before playing Florida and sort of fell into a late season collapse.

That happens even to the best programs.

Keep the faith.

OK Bwana, clear your throat. It looks like it's time for the Ole Miss fan to start his crowing.

My throat is clear. Listen closely and you will hear the HODDY TODDY all the way to Alabama and beyond. :lol: For all those nay-sayers that thought the Rebels would be hosed by the Red Raiders, all I can say is CHECK THE SCORE!!! :bow:

If Kentucky can come through against ECU (and the game is still close) then the SEC should go 6 & 1 in bowls this year.

Jack, Don't worry. Your guys will come back next year.

Edited by Bwana Six-Gun

OK, so I'm thoroughly confused, not that it's a hard thing to do. Why is Coldy's avatar a Florida Gator if he's not a Go Gator fan? Sorry, but I had to ask.

Coldy lost a bet to me, he has to keep that avatar thru the 2009 SEC Championship game :roflol:

Z - I see Florida having ZERO difficulty beating Boomer.

Rich

Rich, I hope you are right, but I think it will be a good game. I am always suspect when a team looses it Offensive or Defensive coordinator before a bowl game. Mullen is going to be there, but he is now a Head Coach for another school, history says it is a recipe for disaster