Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Newly Chromed Sti

RLSMITH

fb4fce34.jpgThought I would post a picture of my "Rusty Kidd" built STI after being hard chromed. I done alot of research on different places that offer chroming after Tripp stoped and decided on "Metaloy". After getting it back and really giving it a good looking over, I must say that I am very impressed with the quality of work from Steve. The finish is flawles, very smooth and even. I can't find a blemish on it anywhere. He covered ever little nook and cranny. The turn around was very acceptable (only 10 days), and the price very resonable ($130) and this included 2nd day return shpg! After recieving this one, I'll be sending Steve all my work. There is alot of talk about "Metaloy" on the 1911 forums, and all that I saw was posative!! Please feel free to ask any questions or post comments and I'll try and respond to all. Hope this might help anyone trying to decide where to get a good quality finish now we no longer have Tripp as an option.......

BismarkC,

Steve called his finish "star dust/or burst" can't remember. He said it was the only finish he offers. It really looks like a nice even stainless. I really love it!!!!! I've looked at several other companies finishes and like this the best. Not knocking anyones finishes, but this one fits my taste best. As stated, "he will get ALL my business"! Thanks for the replies...............

Back in the 'old days' (like when everything was called Leatham/Enos :) ) nobody in IPSC really said "Hard chrome"....they said "Metaloy".

It's good to see them around again....a prob. they had back when they were too popular was a 4 to 6 week turnaround. So don't puff them up TOO much....we're all gonna need some plating sooner or later..... :P

Nice blaster. When you send it in , do you have to totally disassemble it , i.e. remove the sights ect. , or will they do all that for you ? Did you get all the parts you get chromed ,such as the hammer , mainspring housing slide stop , and grip safety , ? or just the slide and frame ? I'm thinking of sending them my Edge 40 after my new SVI gets in.

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

I sent Steve the whole gun. It's best to call him ahead of time and discuss what you want chromed and what you want to leave as is. Also, I put a note in the box with the gun just to be sure. Steve is a very nice guy to chat with also. To say that I am pleased with the results is an under statment! I'll try and post a better(higher resolution) picture to better show the quality of his work.

• 3 months later...

Randy,

what parts do you recommend not chroming ? im sending my gun to steve early next year for a brushed finish. did you have the hammer,reverse plug and recoil master chromed too...when you sent the pistol did he return it to its usual trigger pull? thanks ... :)

• 3 weeks later...