Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

21 round untuned STI mags

Rocket35

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be careful with the Uplula. I ditched mine after it dented some cases with the pressure of its finger. Of course I realize the issue may have been my technique. Anyway, mine with load to capacity with finger pressure. . .

• 10 months later...

This thread has been very helpful, but I have a couple of questions still.

I have 4 STI tubes with recently installed Dawson SNL's, STI springs and Dawson followers. One of the STI tubes was recently purchased new and the three others were used when I got them.

The newest tube will take 19 reloadable (RL) and 20 non-reloadable (NRL), but the three older mags will only take 18 RL and 19 NRL. I am using the spring that cam with the newest mag with is more compressed than the three STI replacement springs when out of the mag.

I have used these in 3 matches and they have been 100% reliable when loaded with 18, but would really like to get the capacity up at least ! more and hopefully 2 more.

What changes should/could I make?

Thanks,

Allen

This thread has been very helpful, but I have a couple of questions still.

I have 4 STI tubes with recently installed Dawson SNL's, STI springs and Dawson followers. One of the STI tubes was recently purchased new and the three others were used when I got them.

The newest tube will take 19 reloadable (RL) and 20 non-reloadable (NRL), but the three older mags will only take 18 RL and 19 NRL. I am using the spring that cam with the newest mag with is more compressed than the three STI replacement springs when out of the mag.

I have used these in 3 matches and they have been 100% reliable when loaded with 18, but would really like to get the capacity up at least ! more and hopefully 2 more.

What changes should/could I make?

Thanks,

Allen

I would purchase Grams spring/follower (11 coil for 140mm tubes) kit from here that should get you 20 re-loadable(mine are) if the tubes are right if not you will get 19. If you want reliable 20 reloadable send your mags here and have Bobby tune them.

BK

Edited by bkeeler