Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New M2 hitting high

mike4045

I finally took my new M2 out to the range today. It runs flawlessly with any ammo I put in it. Alot less muzzle rise than my M1. I wanted to find out if it was normal to shoot about 18" high with slugs at 50 yds. Two 3 shot groups did this. If I aim at the bottom edge of the target it hits dead center. I shot some steel on the 25 yd range and did not any problem hitting them. Is there a quick fix for this. My M1 was dead on at 50 with slugs, so I don't think it was me.

Mike

Thanks that's what I was looking for. Think I will raise the front sight. Maybe a trip to Benny to take care of that. I will shoot it at 100yd before changing anything.

Mike

Sorry Mike I should have / ment to get my gun out at Wyane's place to show you my front sight. Sorry , but you know my mind works a bit slower than most.

Any way it is a HiViz off the shelf at Sportsman's wharhouse. with extra inserts. And yes my gun shot high too with the first sight on it. The dang plate rack pis** me off too before I got the new front sight.

the pipe is about 1" long.

JF

Some M2s will shoot high. There is no cure for this.

I will be at the carbine match tomorrow. Bring the M2 and I will have the customary token payment of $***.**.

:closedeyes:

OK do we have to start a new thread to find out what the details are with Merlins new avitar :wub: makes me want to pett a kitty

I read a book one time about a kitty and a ti----, wait, wrong book. Well I did read this book about stocking and fitting shotgun stocks and the diffrence between guns for pass shooting and upland game. Guns for pass shooting need to print the pattern around the frond bead because they are to be shot by swinging thur the bird to aquire proper lead while upland guns should center the pattern just above the bead for shooting riseing game birds. What they recommended was a pass shooting gun should have more drop at the heel of the stock ( I think). Alamo Shooter and other clay bird shooters probaly know more about this than I do but maybe nobody thought of it. M2s do come with all those shims for the butt stock. I wonder?????????-------------Larry

Edited by Larry White

Larry if that book hadn't had pictures you never would have picked it up.!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

trapr

Do you meen the book that Merlin got his avitar from ? or the bird book?

Wait <_< Ya Know ,? if they did not have books like that around Benny's place the wait time for a custom would not be as long.

Edited by AlamoShooter

If you have a magazine extension it could be your barrel clamp. My M2 was hitting way high last year when I had a slug match. I had 2 of those cheap barrel clamps tightened up near the end of the muzzle about as tight as I could get them. Since then I put a Nordic barrel clamp near the end of the muzzle and before I checked the zero with slugs recently I took a close look at the clamp and noticed that when it’s placed near the muzzle and tightened, it pushes the barrel and magazine extension apart a little bit. So I moved the clamp back ~6” to where there was no noticeable upward and downward force and when I checked the point of aim I was only 2-3” high at 50 yards instead of the ~18” I had before.

If you have a magazine extension it could be your barrel clamp. My M2 was hitting way high last year when I had a slug match. I had 2 of those cheap barrel clamps tightened up near the end of the muzzle about as tight as I could get them. Since then I put a Nordic barrel clamp near the end of the muzzle and before I checked the zero with slugs recently I took a close look at the clamp and noticed that when it’s placed near the muzzle and tightened, it pushes the barrel and magazine extension apart a little bit. So I moved the clamp back ~6” to where there was no noticeable upward and downward force and when I checked the point of aim I was only 2-3” high at 50 yards instead of the ~18” I had before.

No clamp on there. I quit using them a couple of months ago.