Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone have any experience with getting rid of the vondo trojan?

One of my computers seems to be infected with it. My Norton anti virus picked it up on a scan and said it got rid of it. However I later ran a scan at microsoft onecare and it told me that I still had it and that it could not remove it. I have also tried vondo be gone and vondo fix but neither of them even picked it up. My cpu usage is near 100 percent and I know its not my Norton program hogging the system. I have been using it on both my computers for years without any problems. I also use ad aware and spy bot regularly. Any suggestions?

:(

Try this>>>>>>>>Superantispyware

Scott

Thanx Scott!

So far the scan is still running and finding all sorts of stuff that ad aware, spybot, and norton have missed including vondo.

I will post again and let you know the outcome. :ph34r:

Seems to have worked. CPU usage is back down. This is a great tool.

Thanks again :cheers:

I manage over 1000 desktops at work so you could imagine all of the crap I run into. I searched for a long time to find something that works the best at getting rid of most of those pests. I usually run a scan with the system restore off, then a scan in safe mode and that will take care of most of the issues

I manage over 1000 desktops at work so you could imagine all of the crap I run into. I searched for a long time to find something that works the best at getting rid of most of those pests. I usually run a scan with the system restore off, then a scan in safe mode and that will take care of most of the issues

That is good to know.

Most other anti-virus programs are helpless against vundo. My computer guru used the fixvundo by symantic and tricked it then killed it. I'm not kidding. You couldn't delete this thing but you could change the name of the file so it couldn't find it. Sounds weird but that's how he explained it to me. My PC has been running 100% since.

really the best option is to run a mac but it will just be a matter of time before they start to get pests and such due to their increased popularity. I wont use windows unless I absolutely have to, which is next to never.

• 1 month later...

It sounds to me that maybe some of it is left in your registry if it is still running "funny".

I a nasty Trojan last October and had to have our tech people remove keys that were left; it did a good job of hidding.

Edited by Front Man