Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

American Zoot Shooters..

sinnsyk

We've hired a professional web builder. www.zootshooters.com will become upgraded in the near future. There will be a way to sign up for memberships there as soon as our guy has it all built up.

And yes... get your tommies while you know you can ! Hopefully we'll be alright, but we've got to stand up for our right to keep our guns.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

I live in Calif, but man.....that looks fun!!!!!!!!!! I've got a GI SA 45, B.A.R. (semi), pump Ithaca 37, but I KNOW this is gonna cost me more $$$$. If this takes off....look out!!

In Duster (the seated gent)'s own words - Yesterday we held the first Zootshooters event east of the Mississippi. A group of us shooters from Mass and R.I put on a match. We had four Capers (Stages). It was a two gun match. Pistol or revolver typical of the 20's-30's. Thompson or another semi-auto or that era, or pistol cartridge lever gun. We also had one Caper with a snubby as a third gun.

6329_1126683420342_1624862538_31589.jpg

DSC_1684.jpg

DSC_1698.jpg

DSC_1695.jpg

6329_1126683380341_1624862538_31589.jpg

• 1 month later...
How about this as just a rough start:

St Valentines day class: 1911 pistol, 1927 Thompson, Pump shotgun.

Boogie class: Pencil barrel revolver, 1927 Thompson, Pump Shotgun.

Bonnie & Clyde Class: 1911 Pistol, Other period semi auto rifle or lever action, Pump Shotgun.

Untouchable class: Pencil Barrel revolver, Other period semi auto rifle or lever action, Pump Shotgun.

Snubble Side Match: Any snub nose revolver or .32 or .380 Semi auto shoots the pistol targets after the main match.

I think the big stumbling block is the Thompson. Not many people have them and even if you wanted to invest the $1000.00 or so they are in short supply. So alternate rifles are a must to get people initially involved. And then they may get a Thompson.

HITMAN class : 2 pistols and shotgun under trench coat or in flower box ??

luv the concept !

look forward to ZOOTSHOOTING