Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Who's Going To Harvard Ma???

I'm curious of who here is going to the IPSC match next weekend in Harvard MA. This is actually the range I shoot at which is only about 1/2 hour from my house. I know Todd Jarret is going to be there. Does anyone know who else might be there? Talk is that Rob Leatham might be there. Anyone know if others like Brian or Matt will be there?

Thanks,

Pete

ps. Hopefully I'll see some of you there.

Ahh so it is Area 7. B) Pete you may want to look for a guy with a Team SVI shirt on. He is a GM by the name of Taran Butler. He is a very nice guy but if you haven't met him before tell him you know Flexmoney and I am sure he will be nice to you. :D

Jim

Pete,

TJ & Taran...that would be enough for me.

Jim, was that Taran that TJ was teasing (about slowing down to get hits) in his speach at the FGN's? I think he was talking about Taran, but he might have been proding EMANUEL BRAGG. Anyway...I thought that might be pretty motivating.

(I wonder what I gotta do to get the winner of the Natinals to mention my name in his speach? Maybe I need to be a serious threat to win. :unsure: )

Wish I was at home...I feel like dry-firing. (I need to water my money tree too...I'm missing all the fun. I'd love to make the trip to the A7!)

Flexmoney, It could have been, Taran has told me stories of how a lot of the shooters have fun with each other during the competition. More often than not it is the other way around and they want him to hose trying to put the pressure on him. :P

I was at a shoot in Palm Springs with Taran and one of the shooters told Taran just before he shot that each stage was a mandatory clip change so Taran dropped his clip each stage. The guy was just kidding around. Taran still won the stage. We were all rolling on the ground laughing. It just goes to show that even a grand master can get tricked every now and then. :D

Pete, I wish I could be there it sounds like a lot of fun. If you shoot a video I would pay for a copy and shipping.

Jim

{Sorry for the drift}

This year's Area 7 is the final World Shoot Team selection match for Limited and Production. You can expect Todd, Taran, Frank Garcia, Blake Miguez, Emanuel Bragg, Dave Sevigny (shooting Limited!) Rob Leatham, and a few other GM's there.

Right now, Todd (even though he claimed otherwise), Taran, Blake, Frank, Manny, and I are fighting for the four Standard Team slots. Whoever wins A7 will be ahead going into the Lim Nats. It's a very important match for all of us. Dave S. has already secured a slot on the Production Team, so he's shooting Limited to prepare for Bend.

BTW, this year's Limited Nationals will have more top notched shooters than ever before. Who's the one to beat? I know!

Call me insane ---- but I'm wondering if Sevigny's goal last year was really to win Production at the FGN or if his goal was to win that and the Limited Nationals? Will TGO storm back with a vengeance? What about those two GMs from Virginia ---- the old one and the young one?

Maybe we should be worrying about that really young one from France. He's no slouch in Limited...that's for sure.

Phil,

I watched his video. He doesn't look like he ought to be that good. Then again...he never stops moving...and he seems to get all the points.

ignore.gif

Eric is like Todd...deceptively fast. He's faster moving into a position than anyone in the game, and he hardly ever shoots a "D" or and extra shot on steel. No matter how fast one is shooting 1-for-1 on the steel will win any match.

One slight bit of thread drift:

I have watched Eric's video hundreds of times, and is the fact that he never stops shooting and simply doesn't make any mistakes.

In fact, he sounds like more of a double-tapper than a controlled pair deliver-er. He has mentioned this on his forum a little...

He's just got the mental game d-o-w-n.

As far as picking up tips and tricks, you won't see a whole lot except rollover prone from port to port and how to run backwards safely, and shooting any/everything on the move.

SA

To be fair...and give the "the Rodney Dangerfield of USPSA" his props...

I remember watching the video clips of Phil that are on the web. My first thought was that Phil looked a lot like Enos. My second thought...he is always shooting.