Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adjustable sights for Novak cut?

Revopop

I've been looking around for a new 1911, since this will pretty much be a dedicated USPSA Single Stack pistol I've been looking for ones with adjustable sights. I have run across several good deals on guns with fixed sights, especially Springfield Loaded models, and was wondering what my options may be for an adjustable sight that would fit in a Novak cut on the slide. I know Champion makes one that Dillon sells, anybody used it? What else is out there?

The parts gun I'm using now has Bomars, and I really like them, but if I can save a couple hundred bucks I could put that towards different sights, a magwell, grips, etc.

I love the EGW adjustable Novak sights; they provide a no-glare sight picture and the sight blade doesn't cut up your arm when you're carrying it in a holster like a Bomar blade can. I've got an STI Edge with Bomars and an STI Tactical with the adjustable Novak, and I honestly prefer the EGW adjustable Novak. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it on a new single stack...

I may hesitate on the Springfield single stack though; I bought a Loaded SS model and wasn't that crazy about it. I ended up selling it after 6 months; I wish I would have saved my money for an STI Lawman or similar.

Good luck!

Chizzle

I have had good luck with the MMC adjustables. Admittedly they're not as easy to adjust as Dawson or EGW. Windage adjustment requires pushing the sight in the dovetail, and elevation requires a small hex wrench (supplied with the sight). But the sights are very smooth and snag free, and, in my experience anyway, hold their adjustments well. I really like how the enclosing cradle of metal completely protects the rear sight blade from life's hard knocks.

http://store.ptnightsights.com/index.php?p...16&parent=9

The angled, serrated blade on the Dawson and EGW looks to me like it would really pick up glare in the right light. At least that's been my experience with any sight that has that sort of forward sloping, serrated back face.

Hello: I think you guys are correct on the sights. I would guess one manufacturer is making them all and just changing the name on them for each customer. I think Novak make one for the Springfield. I have a Novak adjustable on my Kimber and really like it. Thanks, Eric