Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy and Speed. (Test)

JThompson

I've been working a neat little drill and thought you might like to give it a shot and post some times with me.

Setup: Six PPs on a row about 1 foot apart left to right. One half diag paper targets, on either side of the PPs, with the hard cover going from the lower outside to upper inside... you know the deal. Two half targets is acceptable too. The paper targets should be 5ft at the shoulder and two feet on either side of the PPs. The shooting box will be 15yds from the face of the PPs. It's okay to set the paper a bit in front to keep the frags down.

Start facing downrange, hands at sides gun loaded etc etc.

Take 5 runs and record your best time... no more than 1 c allowed. Post your time and class.

My best was 3.71

A class Open

Edited by JThompson

Sounds like a good speed test for people with access to pepper poppers shooting hicap guns but doesn't do much for SS and revo shooters. I think I will stick to 6 & 8 shot movement drills on paper preping for that special classifier in April which is the first available math next year.

Sounds like a good speed test for people with access to pepper poppers shooting hicap guns but doesn't do much for SS and revo shooters. I think I will stick to 6 & 8 shot movement drills on paper preping for that special classifier in April which is the first available math next year.

Agree 100%!

I live in a 10rd State(Peoples Republic of Hawaii) :mellow: I know its my fault but at least we still rate Area 2 :cheers:

Agree 100%!

I live in a 10rd State(Peoples Republic of Hawaii) :mellow: I know its my fault but at least we still rate Area 2 :cheers:

I'm pretty sure I could do a sub 6 sec. run with my Production gun(B- Class)

It's just a fun little speed shoot... and it does only take 10rds. I made it that way, so even the SS and Nazi states could run the drill with 10rds. No problem if you don't want to give it a go. I love to see the insanely fast runs that some of the guys put up. It's a good reality check for me. :)

If you don't have poppers then you can just staple a paper plate on a stick, the center about 18 inches high. This will be a more like a USP, so make sure your hits is a good one.

As to the Revo guys... I must admit I had not considered them... :ph34r: Okay, if you revo guys want to play, give me the average of your reload times over the five runs and subtract that average time from your overall time. That should negate you reload pretty well.

Edited by JThompson

• 1 month later...
was hoping we would get at least a couple guys to shoot it...

I will the next time I get to be MD

...and you did indeed. I'll throw my numbers out there cause it should be easy to beat :D

Stage #1 @ yesterdays match, 5.79, 47 points, 8.1174hf, C-Open

Edited by DonT

...and you did indeed. I'll throw my numbers out there cause it should be easy to beat :D

Ah, you made it into a stage at your match... I'm honored. ;)

I'm glad you had fun with it....

We did! And when I listed you & enos as the course designers everyone took a second look and shot it like a classifier!

How'd the restof the sqaud do? have a link?

We did! And when I listed you & enos as the course designers everyone took a second look and shot it like a classifier!

Sorry no link but the times from master- unclassified ran from 3+sec to about 12sec(single stack).

That's okay... I think that one would make a good classifier with a tweak or two.

M around 3 something is about right...

Sorry no link but the times from master- unclassified ran from 3+sec to about 12sec(single stack).