Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springs souuce

I also reinstall the old style springs on the powder measure I did this the day they brought out the new failsafe system, it just worls better.

Just because he says they are not needed does not mean they are not desired. Look in am old manual and get the number and order, If they don't supply for free, just pay up. You won't regret it.

I was poking around the Dillon site tonight and remembered the springs. They're no longer shown on the parts schematic but are still there. Below is from the SDB but no matter, they're all the same:

returnspring.jpg

Going to give them a call in the next day or two. Thanks for the info...

If the problem is that the spring broke, another quick fix is just to use a couple pairs of pliers and bend out the end coil where it broke and hook it up again (I've never had a spring break in the middle, but if it did, you could still do the same to each end where it broke - you'd have two shorter springs hooked end to end doing the work of the original).

ETA:

If you can, try to avoid making a really sharp bend in the wire - it stresses the metal too much and will fail quickly.

Edited by kevin c