Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BladeTech DOH holster position?

Z32MadMan

I bought a BladeTech DOH holster for my new rig. I love the holster, but the the outward camber of the holster makes the muzzle of the holster rub against my leg. And after a day of shooting it is cause a major chaffing issue. Anyone experience this and have a solution?

Thanks

I bought a BladeTech DOH holster for my new rig. I love the holster, but the the outward camber of the holster makes the muzzle of the holster rub against my leg. And after a day of shooting it is cause a major chaffing issue. Anyone experience this and have a solution?

Thanks

Wear pants?

Later,

Chuck

Seriously, no it has not been an issue. I shot production using the DOH for a year including the Area 2 match with no such problem. Perhaps some sort of padding (like in bike shorts) would help?

Edited by ChuckS

Take off the DOH bracket ;) You'll have the added benefit of not having a hot muzzle pointing directly at your leg too :D

Seriously though - try it out - you might be just as fast. I shoot limited that way, and it has the added benefit of making the transition back to SS that much easier. And the gun isn't rubbing on my arm all the time when not shooting.

I use a 2.25" belt.

I have no idea why bladeteck insists on their one size fits all belt hanger and the stupid spacers. Especially on the DOH which seams to mostly sell to competition guys who all most univerally use 1.5 inch belts and gear. The muzzel is rubbing your leg because your belt is sagging twisting in at the bottom.

I would replace the DOH belt loop with a Sting-Ray belt loop so the muzzle is pointed straight down instead of into your leg. As a bonus, not only will the holster be more comfortable, it's also be more concealable - you could actually use it as a concealment rig (granted you have a concealable gun) should you desire.

Z3

Either cant muzzle forward like "badchad" says or Blade-Tech also has some rubber washers that fit between the holster and the DOH attachment (via the lower screw/s) that will push the holster muzzle out just a little to relieve the problem. Just call Blade-Tech and I believe they will send a couple to you at no cost. If that doesn't work I have a couple you can have.

NO, I can't supply the whole BE forum with these!

Scott Hawkins

AKA Busyhawk

Had the same problem with the Sting Ray for a revolver. Tried 3 different quality gun belts and nothing worked so I sent it back. I hope I can find something because I want to shoot SSR in IDPA.

I was thinking about attaching a piece of clear plexiglass or whatever to the back and grinding (ooooo Dremel) the sharp edges off and polishing but I'm sure it wouldn't be legal.

Richard

Go to the hardware store and buy 9 black hard rubber faucet washers. Put them between the holster and belt bracket ( you may have to buy longer bolts, I did). That will move the holster away from the belt and your leg. It is still legal as far as distance from the belt.

Thanks for the replys. I figured that I wasn't the only one who has experienced this. I fixed it tonight by shimming out the bottom screw on the top belt/DOH attachment. I cut some squares out of a plastic FiveStar notebook cover and put them behind that screw. Plenty of leg clearance now.