Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A significant day in College Football...

Jack Suber

Jack/Spanky,

With a 3-1 ratio in wins, how can you doubt the Tigers when they play in the Valley? Plus any school that puts the CompSci dept in the School of Nursing building and has gun racks in the dorm rooms has to be favored!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duce Staley (former Gamecock standout and NFL runningback) was on the sidelines reporting at the game. This morning, he was on a local talk show and had the following to say about Chris Smelley, the quarterback that played for Clemson, I mean USC:

“Smelley doesn’t need to ever touch a USC football again in LIFE, unless its on a practice squad” -Duce Staley :surprise::surprise:

He also said that half of the Gamecock football team should have "stayed on the damned bus, because they obviously had no desire to play....."

Well, Spurrier fired the O-line coach yesterday and the QB coach is going to Tennessee. Word is that Mississippi State is coming after Ellis Johnson (USC's Defensive Coordinator). Perhaps Spurrier can hire Staley??? :wacko:

Jack,

Even the TV Announcers talked about replacing Smelly, but they indicated that Spurrier had no one to replace him with. One of the backsups was injured, I think, and the other was the QB who opened the season and was benched for poor performance. When Smelly got into a rhythm, he moved the football well, but the TEAM never seemed able to substain it. The real SC Fans (those that wear ORANGE) I was with were very worried when the Tigers played good football the first half since the Tigers have been a 1 half team a lot this year. The energy level difference between Swinney and Spurrier was very obvious. The announcers were also surprised at what they saw as Spurrier conceding defeat in the middle of the 4th Quarter and not fighting to the end.

You only have 1 more game with Smelly this season.

The quote from Dabo Swinney "If you ain't gonna give 110%, don't touch the rock!" was priceless. For those outside the Clemson/USC rivalry, one end of Death Valley (Clemson's stadium) is an open hill. At the top of the hill is a pedestal with a rock (long story about great past coaches). Clemson players rub the rock and then run down the hill onto the field.

OK Ladies and Gentlemen! I have arrived in the land of internet again and am still wondering why my friend Jack doubts me so! I keep telling him East Coast Girls know their stuff! What a great day for football!

Anyway, Linda, it is not only Jack Suber who has to wear the Glorious Orange shirt to each match, but also young Master Suber. :devil: Yes, John stuck himself in the middle of the bet on the way to GA State AND Dad isn't letting him out!

Lots of love going out... :cheers:

Go Tigers

Roarrrrrrrr!

(I am sure Jack has something up his sleeve that will make my life something less than wonderful...an incident from the past is still haunting me! :surprise: )

Now we have to tolerate three nasty orange shirts for the next year......it's getting worse by the minute  <_<

Nothing but LUV heading your way....Pretty soon I'll have you converted too, Banks! :surprise:

Edited by Ms. Kitty

OK Ladies and Gentlemen! I have arrived in the land of internet again and am still wondering why my friend Jack doubts me so! I keep telling him East Coast Girls know their stuff! What a great day for football!

Anyway, Linda, it is not only Jack Suber who has to wear the Glorious Orange shirt to each match, but also young Master Suber. :devil: Yes, John stuck himself in the middle of the bet on the way to GA State AND Dad isn't letting him out!

Lots of love going out... :cheers:

Go Tigers

Roarrrrrrrr!

(I am sure Jack has something up his sleeve that will make my life something less than wonderful...an incident from the past is still haunting me! :surprise: )

Now we have to tolerate three nasty orange shirts for the next year......it's getting worse by the minute  <_<

Nothing but LUV heading your way....Pretty soon I'll have you converted too, Banks! :surprise:

No way....the only way I'll would ever, ever, and once more ever wear orange would be if I was on the chain gang (that way you can go directly from the jail to the game and never change clothes) :roflol:

Also :bow: Garcia :bow: is starting for what looks like the Outback Bowl trip

LV back at you...mean it B)

Banks

Edited by spankymac

And how long must he wear that Albatross around his neck?? :surprise:

dj

The bet was for 12 months, so until the 2009 SEC Championship Game :roflol:

WOW :surprise:

That was a really good game, and as much as it pains me to admit it, Florida was the best team on the field Saturday. But I was sure Alabama would pull it out on the replay Sunday :roflol:

dj