Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll mention it again, in case anyone needs the service...

I am accepting ammunition shipments if you do not want to fly with your ammo. UPS them to:

Frank Wolverton

2602 N Division St

Davenport, IA 52804

I will hold them unopened, and have them at match registration, so make sure your name is on the outside somewhere.

Frank

You keep talking about this match and it gets me more pumped up!

That's kinda the point :rolleyes:

I've never seen a midwest sectional get this size... then Indiana has 207, and we're getting pretty dang close to that...

So much for the economy and lack of primers... :)

Hope y'all have a great time at the match. My crew and I are busting our butts trying to put on a good one for ya.

Frank

You keep talking about this match and it gets me more pumped up!

That's kinda the point :rolleyes:

I've never seen a midwest sectional get this size... then Indiana has 207, and we're getting pretty dang close to that...

So much for the economy and lack of primers... :)

Hope y'all have a great time at the match. My crew and I are busting our butts trying to put on a good one for ya.

Frank

Trust us Frank, we all are sucking in the primer department. We are just so pumped up about the match, we aren't even thinking about having enough ammunition/primers. We are all in the "Illinois sectional or BUST mode". If we run out of ammo, we just plan on begging and borrowing from our fellow shooter while were down there. :roflol: If we run out of ammo during a stage we are all hoping to have someone throw a full or even partial mag (kuz beggers can't be choosers...) at us in some form that MAY work in our pistols :roflol: . I'd be S.O.L however, kuz I'm the only Limited shooter in our squad....oh oh! :unsure:

I know how you feel. I have exactly 990 large pistol primers on my shelf. One of our local shops (actually all three...) are awaiting a truck full, that is a month behind schedule.

They've been shipped... but the shipper has lost the trailer. The trailer also has a bunch of powder, bullets and guns... grrr

Go figure. I think they pulled over and sold them out the back.

Frank

I know how you feel. I have exactly 990 large pistol primers on my shelf. One of our local shops (actually all three...) are awaiting a truck full, that is a month behind schedule.

They've been shipped... but the shipper has lost the trailer. The trailer also has a bunch of powder, bullets and guns... grrr

Go figure. I think they pulled over and sold them out the back.

Frank

Lost the trailer? Full of primers, bullets, powder and guns. Homeland Security!! What a joke :angry2: Sorry for ranting on your topic.

No problem... That was my initial reaction as well.

Having been a truck driver for 10 years.... more than likely they put the trailer in one of their yards, and promptly forgot about it. Of course, when called, the shipper says it's been sent, here's your shipping confirmation. The transporter won't give them a straight answer.

That tells me one of two things... they misplaced the trailer in the yard (it happens), or they DON"T HAVE A FREAKING CLUE.... more than likely both.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

The only catch is that when I first bought the primers a year or so back, or maybe two years back, I wrote the prices I paid and the dates on the boxes with a silver sharpie. I wouldn't want to be perceived as gouging people on primers...and then get tarred and feathered at the IL sectional.... :unsure::roflol: And then there is the issue of when, or if, my stock that I am selling off could get replinished and at what price. :wacko:

Edited by Chills1994

The only catch is that when I first bought the primers a year or so back, or maybe two years back, I wrote the prices I paid and the dates on the boxes with a silver sharpie. I wouldn't want to be perceived as gouging people on primers...and then get tarred and feathered at the IL sectional.... :unsure::roflol: And then there is the issue of when, or if, my stock that I am selling off could get replinished and at what price. :wacko:

oops :roflol:

Hmmn... I wonder if lacquer thinner would take off silver sharpie ink. :wacko:

Of course, if I had some more lead time, I would either try selling my own cast boolits up there too and/or my homemade birdshot (not that there at that many USPSA'ers who also trap shoot enough to reload their own hulls). From an integrity standpoint, I would feel better about selling that kind of stuff vs. re-selling primers and have someone, a fellow USPSA'er, think I am gouging them. Besides that, I think Zhunter is still waiting for me to get him his airsoft target boxes that I built for him. :roflol: Sorry, Jay. They're still in the "test and evaluation" phase. ;)

Edited by Chills1994

Hmmn... I wonder if lacquer thinner would take off silver sharpie ink. :wacko:

Of course, if I had some more lead time, I would either try selling my own cast boolits up there too and/or my homemade birdshot (not that there at that many USPSA'ers who also trap shoot enough to reload their own hulls). From an integrity standpoint, I would feel better about selling that kind of stuff vs. re-selling primers and have someone, a fellow USPSA'er, think I am gouging them. Besides that, I think Zhunter is still waiting for me to get him his airsoft target boxes that I built for him. :roflol: Sorry, Jay. They're still in the "test and evaluation" phase. ;)

Actually... while I was BS'ing at one of the gun shops the other day, they got 3 calls looking for some shot. Didn't have any.

They've been getting bullets no problem... but not any shot.

I think if you sold the primers for what they are worth, you wouldn't have a problem. They know that it's gonna cost you so much to replace them.

Frank

The mail just came today... got 8 more entries... we're up to 187 competitors.

As of now, there are only 5 slots left for Sunday (although I MIGHT be able to squeeze out 4 more... don't know yet). There are plenty of slots left for Saturday... 40. I can fit about 6 more in on Friday if that's the only day you can shoot.

Here is the current breakdown (which may change slightly after the classification updates next week)...

Limited (55 competitors): 3GM, 7M, 7A, 15B, 16C, 3D, 4U

Production (50 competitors): 1GM, 1M, 2A, 14B, 16C, 8D, 8U

Open (34 competitors): 2GM, 6M, 4A, 9B, 7C, 1D, 5U

Single Stack (28 competitors): 3A, 6B, 11C, 4D, 4U

Limited 10 (13 competitors): 1GM, 1M, 1B, 8C, 2D

Revolver (7 competitors): 1M, 2B, 3C, 1U

We may be picking up another couple GM's in the next few days... 1 open, and 1 limited or limited 10.

Frank

WTF? I was squadded in Squad 25, then I just happen to go in today to see where a buddy was squadded and I see that I was unsquadded completely????

Must have been an internet glitch...went to resquad again and it says I'm already squaded..weird.

I can't believe Bob Vogels squad isn't filled yet. I know if I were shooting on Saturday, I'd be all over squadding with the current national production champion. Aside from that, he is an AWESOME guy!

Good luck Bob!

Oh yeah, and a free bump to put you up to the top once again Frank...... :cheers:

I can't believe Bob Vogels squad isn't filled yet. I know if I were shooting on Saturday, I'd be all over squadding with the current national production champion. Aside from that, he is an AWESOME guy!

Good luck Bob!

Oh yeah, and a free bump to put you up to the top once again Frank...... :cheers:

It isn't his squad, I was there first !!!!!!!!!! :roflol: :roflol: But yes.....Bob is the MAN !!

Edited by nwb01

This match is getting huge! The class of shooter is amazing for a Section match. I'm glad I'm shooting Fri so I can get out the video camera and get some of the big dogs. If you are thinking about doing this match just get off the fence and come... it's going to be a Area quality match for $75 with the who's who of the shooting world attending. :)

I'm getting excited about it... Weather so far is holding pretty well, but that's using the 14 day forecast.

Everyone send good weather vibes our way. I'll be leaving here a week from today to get started building the stages.

Edited by JThompson

No kidding... I expected maybe 100... we're at 194 right now with 10 days left before the match.

Here is the current breakdown AFTER the USPSA update (underlined divisions/classes are eligible for awards)...

Limited (58 competitors): 3GM, 7M, 8A, 16B, 16C, 4D, 4U

Production (51 competitors): 1GM, 1M, 4A, 12B, 16C, 8D, 9U

Open (34 competitors): 2GM, 6M, 4A, 9B, 7C, 1D, 5U

Single Stack (30 competitors): 1M, 3A, 6B, 13C, 5D, 3U

Limited 10 (13 competitors): 1GM, 1M, 9C, 2D

Revolver (7 competitors): 1M, 2B, 3C, 1U

There will also be awards for: High Lady, High Junior, High Senior, High Super Senior, and High LE.

One last thing... to answer a question that I received in the mail today...

Q. Will you let me register for the match (squad) by submitting the entry form by email. At this point, I don't see benefit of sending it by mail. I will pay the entry fee when arrive if that is not a problem.

A. Sorry, but no. I've had to many problems in the past with people registering via e-mail, taking up a slot, and then not showing up. Besides that, it's unfair to those who have registered by mail. Especially if they are trying to get one of the few remaining slots for Sunday. Please don't think that I am saying that you'll do this. It's simply a matter of a few bad apples spoiling it for everyone.

We will allow walk-ins, up to match capacity. At this point, there are a 6 slots left for Friday, 36 left for Saturday, and 3 left for Sunday. Although... some of these are sure to be taken when the mail is delivered today.

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton